PDA

View Full Version : OEM clutch vs. Exedy clutch kit

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Hello,

I would like to get some experience-based opinions about the Exedy clutch kits available for the Accords. I'd also like to know if Exedy uses remanufactured pressure plates in the kit. Also, how common is it for the OEM clutch rubber damper inserts to deteriorate? My clutch has some play to it, which seems to indicate that the rubber dampers in the clutch disk are gone. Are springs better? Thanks in advance for the opinions.

AccordEpicenter
06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Ive heard of the rubber ones going bad a handful of times. I prefer the springs because they dont wear out, but somtimes they do fall out on shitty discs. The exedy dalkin clutch is a stock replacement clutch, but a very good one at that. Many hondas stock came with an exedy/daikin. Ive rocked one in my 88lxi and my 95lx.

SteveDX89
06-20-2005, 07:00 PM
I don't have direct experience but I've heard from another member that the OEM clutch is better than Exedy.

Versanick
06-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Exedy clutches are fine. don't get past an OEM or stage 1. I run an a20 clutch disk and an old plate on my b20a and it grips great, the cheapest one I can find.

http://www.dialaclutch.com is the cheapest I've ever found, and their clutches are great. get it there. or at least look at the price. I think you'll be impressed. Dial-A-Clutch sounds like the most unreputable name ever, but it's just a clutch. I'd rather have my clutch get wasted than my transmission. So I never spend a lot on a clutch, and I never get anything but a stock rated OEM clutch.