PDA

View Full Version : pgm-fi help

Versanick
06-21-2005, 05:47 PM
So for years now, my PGM-FI light on my b20a accord has been coming on (pj0 ecu)... and my deduction of my car running INCREDIBLY RICH (like 11:1 or worse at any time there's open throttle or idle, noticably) is that the car stays stuck in closed loop mode, even after warming up.

My temperature sensor seems to be there, and working. I just replaced the thermostat, on another note.. Anyway, whenever the car has been turned on for... several seconds, the PGM-FI light comes on. And never goes off. Every time the car is run. Every time.

Now maybe this is dumb of me, but I'm trying to see how many flashes the ECU gives me. On the side of the ECU, I can see a clear plastic square area with a little light bulb behind it. With the car off, I put the key in and put the ignition to "II", or "on". The light doesn't blink or turn on or anything of the sort. Should it? Am I supposed to be doing something else to see the light, to tell what sort of code I have as a problem?

After reading FAQs and posts countless times about reading ECU codes, and a half-dozen attempts, I can't figure it out. Is my light not working? Do I have to pull off that plastic piece, even though it's clear? Is just turning the car to 'on' going to make the light blink like I want it to? do I have to wait a long time for it to start flashing?

I'd like to figure out if I have EGR or other problems that are throwing this code. my o2 sensor's brand new and was independently tested in another car to make sure of it. I just run so damn rich, I want it to stop. I even just tried running the car open throttle body with a screen on it to see if it leaned out a little bit. No luck at all.

Thanks for reading my babble..
paul
peace

Mike87accordlxi
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
with regards to "Is my light not working? Do I have to pull off that plastic piece, even though it's clear? Is just turning the car to 'on' going to make the light blink like I want it to? do I have to wait a long time for it to start flashing?"

No there is no wait time, the red led starts flashing right away and you can see it through the clear plastic covering on the ecu case. As long as the ignition is in #2 position (ie: your power windows will go up and down) the ecu will flash if something is wrong. Unless you have reset the ecu by removing battery contact then you usually have to drive around for a while for it to start flashing again.

Mike