PDA

View Full Version : american-canadain modles?( cars, not girls)

b8er
06-23-2005, 03:22 PM
so i live up in canada and iv been wondering for awhile what the EX-i model (the model i have) is in the american modles names. would EX-i be the same as LX-i or are they 2 different types, i was wondering this for all the different models

also what type of stuff comes with each model, i know SE-i has 4 wheel brakes but just wondering about all the other cars. thanks for any info

b8er
06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
sorry i ment 4 wheel DISK brakes

b8er
06-23-2005, 10:27 PM
no one hey, alright well is there somwhere where i could find this out?

Hash_man_Se_i
06-24-2005, 09:15 AM
OK... EXi is the LXi in the states... it has the A20a3 so fuel injected, should have most if not all power options, so power locks, sunroof, power mirrors etc..

It does not have 4wheel discs, you only get that when you go to the SEi which is the same here and in the US. It has the Bose stereo, leather interior, bronze tinted glass, power everything, cupholders, armrest, steering wheel controls for the stereo, and i think thats about it.

Im not quite clear on the carbed models.. i think its just the LX.. so yea.. hope that helps

thegreatdane
06-24-2005, 11:06 AM
In europe all EX-i's have four wheel disc brakes, some EX's too if they have ABS. An LX in europe comes with a 1.6L carbed engine and usually no power options. So I dont think you can directly compare the model designations.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-24-2005, 11:34 AM
^^ Not between europe/asia or anything, but comparing Canadian models to US models can be done, seeing as they are basically the same.

Not like a rock
06-26-2005, 10:20 PM
The Canadian hatchies are type "S" I don't know what they are in US. The bose stereo for the SE-i has the steering wheel mounted volume control, which becomes a hard habit to break when you replace the stereo. The original owner of my SE-i got almost every accessory out there (except for the CD and EQ), even the lame ass lugage rack on the back.

carotman
07-02-2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah the Canadian and USA models are the exact same except for some minor differences (like the interior fabric and other small things.

Canadian models goes like this:
1986: LX, EX-I
1987: LX, EX-I
1988: LX, Limited, EX-I
1989: LX, EX, EX-i, SE-i

USA models are like this:
1986 to 1988 : DX, LX, LX-i
1989 DX, LX, LX-i, SE-i

The canadian LX is a DX in the states.
The canadian EX/Limited is the LX in the states.
The canadian EX-I is the LX-i in the states

Like Not_Like_a_rock said, the hatch came only as the "S" model in canada which compares to the DX hatch in the states

The Canadian EX-I never had the factory cassette holder. It was an option. The Canadian LX had the same fabric as the USA LX even if it was the lowest trim model.

The Canadian 1986 (87?) EX-I has a "velour" type headliner. I dont know if the USA model had that.

Hash_man_Se_i
07-02-2005, 04:15 PM
The bose stereo for the SE-i has the steering wheel mounted volume control, which becomes a hard habit to break when you replace the stereo. The original owner of my SE-i got almost every accessory out there (except for the CD and EQ), even the lame ass lugage rack on the back.

Haha my first sei had the luggage rack, I HATE THAT THING!!!... and you can still maintain the steering wheel controls with an aftermarket stereo.