PDA

View Full Version : I guess it was my turn to get hit.

3gn86lxi
06-23-2005, 04:58 PM
:sad2: Today was a shitty day. Got to work like any other day, couple hours later, our painter comes over to me and asks how my day is going............I say, good! He says....not anymore! Then takes me out to my car and I see the trunk smashed, drivers side taillight smashed, bumper, ect.
So his kid just hit my car! Keep in mind he is our paint and body guy.........so he says, I guess I have to paint your car now!
Anyway, if someone will host pics for me I have a bunch of pictures, it would be totalled if I turned it in to my insurance, but no need since I have a parts car and the painters kid did the damage!
Let me know if someone will host and I will e-mail them pics.

bobafett
06-23-2005, 06:29 PM
fucking weak dude. at least you are going to get it all fixed up for free. :)

88Accord-DX
06-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Damn no driving kid. Ryan, since your a Foundation member you can upload pics off your computer on here. It's a lot of trouble converting a bitmap image to jpeg... Here is one of them.
Good thing it was your body man's kid & not your ol' lady that wrecked it. That looks just like what my car looked like when someone hit me. At least it didn't catch the back corner of the rear quater panel like mine. I had to get a new truck, driver side tail light, some body work done on the corner panel. Body shop patched the center light, cause I didn't want to spend another $150 to re-place it. I had just bought a brand new one a few months before. The accident almost broke my back glass, & ripped up the molding around it. I still need to re-place it & paint my truck still. Just busy with everything.
Anyway, shit happens. Life goes on. :sadwave:

Host pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/Ryanswreck.jpg

See the similarity?

My wreck last year, I was pissed. :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/Mybackhit.jpg

3gn86lxi
06-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah, same hit, same damage! Almost. That spoiler you sold me is cursed!!!!!
lol......Not really, but I don't think I'm going to put it back on after the fix and paint job.
:rolleyes:

88Accord-DX
06-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, same hit, same damage! That spoiler you sold me is cursed!!!!!
That spoiler is cursed, why you think I didn't put it back on my car.
Looks like you just need a another truck lid & another driver side light. The insurance tried to total out my car, but I settled for almost what I paid for the car..
You better get your body/paint man to give you a nice paint job on your whole car for the trouble, & he pay for everything. :deal:

3gn86lxi
06-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I have that parts car, so I already have a trunk and lights. So I will be doing a 89 light conversion, and he is finishing the other z3 fender....AND a complete paint job :kekeke: :flipa: ......for free. Of course, it was his kid that hit it!

mykwikcoupe
06-25-2005, 12:25 AM
wow man NO GOOD. I guess if it has to happen this is the best scenerio. Anyway if this is the first accident youve ever had on the car Id be even more bummed out. I dont usually keep cars after any claim. Well my thunderbird is an exception but one I should have followed. Id really like a 95 titanium silver car with black leather interior with a 5 speed. 1 of 23 cars made. Last one sold for 17k last year and I lost out by like 3 minutes. Guy had signed tha papers as i drove up. I was hurt. He offered it to me for 20k on the spot though.

Anyway lets see some after pics. Id check it over with a magnaifying glass if it where me. Het if you want ill come check it. I detailed newly painted cars for a few years. Hard to get bodywork by me. Mike

Busted_Blue
06-25-2005, 07:59 PM
that sucks man. Might as well get some 89 bumpers too while you are at it and convert it to an 89 look just like me. :D

3gn86lxi
06-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Well..........it's in the shop now to get fixed and painted. I guess thats cool, but I will prolly be with out the car for 3 weeks or so. :sad2:
Chuck still had to finish the passenger side z3 fender, and he will be taking his sweet ass time with it.
I just hope the results are going to be worth it. Don't think I'm putting the spoiler back on, what do you guys think?? Should it go back on? I liked it, but I'm unsure.
Anyway, I'm happy.........but it sucks to be without the car for that long!
And I just got my Momo steering wheel on too!

88Accord-DX
06-27-2005, 11:44 PM
You & your paint guy did a good job with the spoiler, filling that space up. I beleive your right on it being cursed. lol
Leave it off, cause that will just be longer your without you car. Sanding & painting it again. I'm not a big fan of spoilers, but these low profile ones look good. If it had the center brake light on it when it was new, I would say put it back on. It never was there when I purchased my car.
Ohh, send me one or two good pics of the finished car with z3 fenders & trunk done & I will post one for ya.. ;)