wiats it off of?
a monkey

Legend_master
06-24-2005, 01:35 PM
Nice photoshop work.

:uh: you caught him.

halxi
06-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Its actually not a photoshop, i saw it in person today. It looks really clean, he still needs to trim up the edges a little (they extend into the fender well)

Busted_Blue
06-24-2005, 01:59 PM
what da duece?

NXRacer
06-24-2005, 02:05 PM
details

MrBen
06-24-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it's photoshoped. Post more pics and prove me wrong

3rdGenHatchBack
06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
i'll post some more pics tomorrow, but until then......you guys figure out what was done......

and i can assure you it is NOT photoshopped, halxi saw it today in person.

NXRacer
06-24-2005, 03:18 PM
my only guess is you molded 2 rear bumpers together so it hangs down further. i wanna see a side shot.

3rdGenHatchBack
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
**DING****DING****DING** CONGRATS NXRACER YOU WIN THE GRAND PRIZE!!!!

thats exactly what was done, i'll give ya a side shot but it looks kinda nasty
because the overhang hasnt been cut yet. im at my moms right now though so its gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

NXRacer
06-24-2005, 03:53 PM
i was talking with a couple guys from the board and we thought about cutting a rear bumper in half and flipping it upside down. it would flow with the wheel all the way around, but it might look too ricer. that would be a bigass rear bumper! that one looks good from behind. just get the sides fixed and that would be a badass mod.

3rdGenHatchBack
06-24-2005, 04:27 PM
i was talking with a couple guys from the board and we thought about cutting a rear bumper in half and flipping it upside down. it would flow with the wheel all the way around, but it might look too ricer. that would be a bigass rear bumper! that one looks good from behind. just get the sides fixed and that would be a badass mod.

you know i thought about that, and did a photoshop, and it looked like complete shit, so i figured this out instead, i will show you my front bumper tomorrow, it doesnt look nearly as good, but still an improvement. just have to mold it.

i was just thinking of cheaper and cleaner ways to improve the looks of the car without going with an "over the top" brittle ass fiberglass bodykit that doesnt flow anyway i hate when people put big rounded out bodykits on this car, there is massive signal gap, and just looks like poo-poo (of course, that is my opinion, and if you like it, good for you....be yourself, if you like it do it, dont let someone persuade you not to)

-Scott

ICEMAN707
06-24-2005, 09:54 PM
my first attempt at making my own bodykit was doing something similar like that to the stock bumpers. but unfortunately, the bumpers are urethane, and you can't mold urethane. you can't sand it either. bondo won't stick and will crack where you try to blend the two pieces together.

3rdGenHatchBack
06-25-2005, 02:15 PM
plastic welding man.....and you can grind it smooth just like you can metal.

ICEMAN707
06-25-2005, 08:04 PM
no, try sanding the black trim on your bumpers and see what i mean. it doesn't become smooth it becomes rougher than before. the sandpaper abrases the urethane plastic.

halxi
06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
no, try sanding the black trim on your bumpers and see what i mean. it doesn't become smooth it becomes rougher than before. the sandpaper abrases the urethane plastic.

Its true, needless to say... thats how i got rid of my bleach white trim. Sanded the white layer off, now its good as new... just not smooth, but you cant tell unless youre within 2-3 feet of it really looking.

ICEMAN707
06-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Its true, needless to say... thats how i got rid of my bleach white trim. Sanded the white layer off, now its good as new... just not smooth, but you cant tell unless youre within 2-3 feet of it really looking.

you shoulda used black permanent shoe polish. it works really great. just gotta keep applying it day to day till it's as black as you need it to be.

another way to get your trim black is to use black krylon fusion paint.

halxi
06-26-2005, 10:09 AM
yea im going to be repainting it once i get the time to do it, and after i get my new door trim peice in.

carotman
06-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Forever Black works great for getting rid of tha whitish bumper trim.

lostforawhile
07-02-2005, 03:33 PM
no, try sanding the black trim on your bumpers and see what i mean. it doesn't become smooth it becomes rougher than before. the sandpaper abrases the urethane plastic.you are using too rough of a sand paper try 180 and go up. when i got my bumper from the junk yard it took me forever to get it sanded had layer on layer of cracked paint. my final sanding was wet sanding. it will sand smooth just can't use rough paper. be prepared to remove the bumper if you want to do it right. i used duplicolor bumper paint, it's lasted for years so far. you have to use a paint prep for cleaning plastic before you paint it. youcan get a spraybottle of this at any good auto paint supplier. clean it BEFORE you sand it, otherwise you will grind silicone and dirt into the soft bumper material. then clean it again before you paint it. don't touch the bumper once you do the final cleaning or the oil from your fingers will cause fisheyes. just be prepared to do a lot of physical labor on the sanding.