PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

yanman
06-24-2005, 07:07 PM
hey new here just aquired a 87 accord EXi for super cheap. I plan on fixing it before modding it but rest assure i will be having fun with this car.

Somethings i need to fix for this car is the auto tranny slips a lot. From what I heard that this tranny is weak? prob needs replacing? does it have a dip stick any where to possibly find out the fluid level?

the other major thing is the rust on the car, which is common but i will be tackling that this weekend.

my biggest concern is the tranny though, any help or suggestions would be great. thanks.

here is a pic of the project... fair warning it's not looking good now but soon.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/857000-857999/857219_7_full.jpg

frantik
06-24-2005, 08:01 PM
welcome :D in the owners manual i saw that there is a dipstick for the autotrans. do some searching on this site and you'll find a manual anyways yeah enjoy your 3g and the site

buds302
06-24-2005, 09:41 PM
dipstick huh? http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=40885&highlight=automatic+trans+dipstick
look here dude after that i dont know

yanman
06-24-2005, 10:45 PM
thanks for your help on that.. i find this site helpfull already, im tackling the rust tomm. The tutorial on this site helps.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the site... you in Saskatchewan?

Cheeseburger
06-24-2005, 11:39 PM
whats up bro! welcome

yanman
06-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the site... you in Saskatchewan?

yes im in skeet-cat-chew - wan

lol where abouts are you?

spades27
06-25-2005, 10:38 AM
hey welcom to the board. this site is a great help youll find all what you need to know and then sum about 3geez have fun!!!!

good to see another person from canada here!

88accordhb
06-25-2005, 10:42 AM
alot of honda and toyota auto tranny sucks.

welcome to the board dude. have fun here and treat others as you'd like to be treated. unless they're uber noobies then you can bash on them. nah jp man, don't do that, you'll get banned.

yanman
06-25-2005, 03:51 PM
:kekeke: You Guys All Suck

J/k..

yea the auto tranny slipps on it but i donno if it's coz there is enough fluid or just needs a new one. i'll find out tomm tho.

also if i have to replace it what tranny works? can i convert into manual out of a 89 or does it have to be 86-87? i hear that prelude tranny might work as well ?

c72c
06-25-2005, 04:01 PM
:welcome:
It doesn't look to bad. I don't think the tranny from the prelude would fit, I think those years only had the 1.8, yours is the 2.0 right? Most of the 86-89 trannies should fit as long as they're the right code. But it's kinda difficult to do auto to manual switch. you gotta get a bunch of shit replaced to do it. WEll, good luck.

Hash_man_Se_i
06-25-2005, 04:04 PM
yes im in skeet-cat-chew - wan

lol where abouts are you?

I'm in calgary... where in sk are you?

Elijah
06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
:kekeke: You Guys All Suck

J/k..

yea the auto tranny slipps on it but i donno if it's coz there is enough fluid or just needs a new one. i'll find out tomm tho.

also if i have to replace it what tranny works? can i convert into manual out of a 89 or does it have to be 86-87? i hear that prelude tranny might work as well ?

You can convert to 5-speed not that big of a job. You can use 86-89 trannys all the same pretty much. Im in edmonton there are probily atleast 10 of use from alberta. We have an accord club started on www.780tuners.com . Oh ya you can use a lude tranny to.

yanman
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Im from regina but i'll be going to calgary a few times this year.. for sure july 20th to 25th.. donnno if i will be bringing the accord or my cavalier lol. you guys might not like my other car :dunno:

anyways.. so the tranny i use has to be from an EFI engine? and what prelude years would i beable to use? i believe they share simular drivetrain with slightly different gears/ ratio.

the rust is bad on the car. My buddy and i plan on fixing it all up this next two weeks.. i've already started the grinding/ sanding. pics will follow