PDA

View Full Version : Installed air/fuel gauge, now car wont start w/ doors closed

ACE_14
06-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I installed a Sunpro air/fuel ratio gauge today and now the car won't start when the doors are closed. I tapped the power wire to the black/yellow ignition wire under the dash, tried the key and the gauge worked but not the car. After checking it out, I noticed that the alarm was tapped into the same black/yellow wire so I tried out the alarm and that doesn't work either. Now there is a clicking sound in the alarm box when the key is in the on position and the door is opened and closed. I hooked up one wire and now the alarm is out and I have to start the car with the door open. If anyone has ANY info. please help me.

gfrg88
06-24-2005, 09:37 PM
oh oh are you going to be able to make it out to the meet tomorrow??

88Accord-DX
06-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Remove it off that circuit. Try isolating it on its' own circuit by itself. It sounds like it isn't functioning properly on the wire your working with the alarm. There is a possibility that tapping in on that circuit with your alarm is causing your car to start with the door open. When you cross one circuit & tapp on another one with a different purpose can cause some weird situations. (just a thought working with electricty)

lostforawhile
06-25-2005, 07:00 AM
that's probably the wire going to the starter kill relay or something thats what it sounds like to me you are causing power to flow backwards through the relay coil in the alarm box it goes to ground when the doors are open the only thing that's keping it from shorting out is the resistance of the relay coil. tell me whereeach one of your wires are going and i'll figure it out. if you want to email me i'll know when you are online