PDA

View Full Version : which oil

MOSS
06-24-2005, 10:34 PM
i just started gettin synthetic oil today but what do i use....5-30 or what, i always carry a backup quart

Versanick
06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
If you don't beat up your car too much, maybe have high miles, and want your parts to last the longest, any synthetic oil (I use 10W40), 3 quarts, and 1 quart of Lucas. The lucas makes the oil bond much more efficiently to itself... sort of... making it coat your parts much better.

it also raises oil pressure. which is good to effectively coat all of your bearings and everything that loses its oil when the car turns off... will make everything last a bit longer.

I use some lucas with every oil change on all my cars (except for my b20a right now because the motor was just rebuilt, and the piston rings haven't seated..)

It also depends where you live, whether you'd want to start with a generally lighter oil or a generally heavier oil whether your weather's cold or hot.. I personally don't think it makes THAT much of a difference. someone else might tell you differently. And I don't put any oil in the filter. I just get some on my finger and go around the seal of the oil filter to make sure it seals well when I screw it on...

88Accord-DX
06-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Any and everything you need to know about oil is here (http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi).........