PDA

View Full Version : cold star idle problem

squil
06-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I just got 89 coupe LX one month ago, 192,xxxkm. It looks have similar problem like VTEC_Inside's car. http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37165

At the beginning, the horn does not work, during fixing it, I broke the fuse for panel light. I fixed aileron light, then the old battery become dead. It somethimes can reach 3000. Once I tap it, it suddenly goes down, and it shudder between 800-1000. I added some injector cleaner. The damning things begin. The rpm will go down to 200, then it stall after I boost the cold car. The warm car shakes between 500 to 1000. Before the spark plug can burn correctly, but now it accumulated carbon on it. I opened carburetor cap and found many small powder inside. I cleaned it, so it become better rpm occasionly is between 800-1000 or 600-800. The car starts fine, but within seconds it starts running really rough.

However, on the second day,having a problem with its immediately following a cold start. Once you run 10 minutes, it become better rpm occasionly is between 800-1000 or 600-800. But I stop on the slop, the idle will shudder to 600.

I also cleaned distributor cap. I broken one screw of the cap. Only have one on it, is it strong and safty enough to hold the cap?

The choke seems work correctly. The cold car almost closes fully and warm car open widely. Is the problem" now either the EFE plate hole is clogged or leaky that will affect vacuum signal to the choke puller..."

FyreDaug
06-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Have you checked for any vacuum leaks? Get a decent tester and do it right, dont just check with your ear.

squil
06-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Is there somebody have similar problem by using injector cleaner?