PDA

View Full Version : YAY finally finished

kaltenacht
06-25-2005, 07:44 PM
I finally installed my car audio system today! I took my CD-R(W)/MP3 player out of my other car and put it in then installed my 6.5" Pioneer 2-way 175watt(i think they are 175, maybe 150... cant remember, and i threw away the box) speakers in the front and back, then built my speaker box to house my two 12" subwoofers in the trunk. On top of that I also ran my two Alpine 75watt amps to my subs, which might change. Sounds great so far, but i had a simple question. Would it sound better if I ran one Amp to my 6.5" in the front and back, then the other to my subs? Or leave it like I have now? Anyway, next I plan to install a plasma monitor with a DVD player in my car. Gonna try to fit it under the radio after I remove the ashtray and the lighter...

mr eff
07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
what's yer sig quotation from? i'd like to read it in context.

congrats on finishing your system, and sorry for the old thread bump. if anyone reads this far, can you suggest a good quality sub that isn't enormous? i use my trunk to hold a friend's bike when i pick her up, so i couldn't build a box.

... is it even possible to have a sub that won't rattle if it's not in the center of the trunk? i don't know anything about car audio really

Sabz5150
07-15-2005, 04:45 PM
I finally installed my car audio system today! I took my CD-R(W)/MP3 player out of my other car and put it in then installed my 6.5" Pioneer 2-way 175watt(i think they are 175, maybe 150... cant remember, and i threw away the box) speakers in the front and back, then built my speaker box to house my two 12" subwoofers in the trunk. On top of that I also ran my two Alpine 75watt amps to my subs, which might change. Sounds great so far, but i had a simple question. Would it sound better if I ran one Amp to my 6.5" in the front and back, then the other to my subs? Or leave it like I have now? Anyway, next I plan to install a plasma monitor with a DVD player in my car. Gonna try to fit it under the radio after I remove the ashtray and the lighter...

I would run both 75's for your fronts/rears. One for the fronts, one for the rears. Buy another amp for the subs, doesn't have to be ground pounding, but something with a bit more power than the 75's.

Why remove the ashtray and lighter? Look around the junkyards for the aftermarket CD player that came in some SE-i Accords and also in others as an option. Sell the CD player and keep the console piece. That will give you an additional single DIN opening that looks clean and mounts properly. I did that for my processor, used some filler to close up the gaps (its a half din proc) and primed/painted it. Looks nice.

http://www.enginevoodoo.com/images/dts/dts3.jpg

That should give you all the room you need for the screen.