PDA

View Full Version : One wheel in the grave

blown89lxi
06-25-2005, 11:54 PM
So after 17 years and 265,000 miles of service my 3g is showing signs of the end. I think Im ready to get another and this one in on its way out. In thinking of what to do with it, my friend sad he saw a vid of car cut in half driving. SO I was thinking of having some fun. Im gonna need to refit the gas tank somwhere in the front half to fuel the engine and im gonna leave the back half behind. Of course this is still being debated as I hate to see her go. I plan on breaking into the engine and tranny afterwards to see if i can find a better understanding. What do you guys think?

3G Jester
06-26-2005, 12:51 AM
heres an idea: if you cant drive her to a junkyard to sell as scrap by weight, then just take the engine apart--tear her to peices to get a better understand of how the car is put together and everything. that way you can be more experienced if you want to do some serious wrenching to your next 3g. then just tow it to a junk yard and leave it. take what you want from it.......

spades27
06-26-2005, 06:32 AM
i saw that vid it was funny as hell LOL

blown89lxi
06-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Im definately going to tear her apart before I go to the junk yard. Im just going to cut her in half and refit the fuel tank and lines before I do it.