PDA

View Full Version : Found a parts car.

mag_pbg
06-26-2005, 09:32 PM
I was talkin to a guy that my freind works with and it turns out he has a 87 LX-i. I went and looked at it the passenger rear is tweeked and the rockers are knocking but it has a new 5 speed in it and as you know I have a crappy auto. then I asked how much he wanted for it and then I was sold on it, he only wanted $50. I don't really care about the body but to have a 5 speed and interior parts not to mention a motor that I can have machined while I drive a car for $50 is great I think. So what do you guys think, got for it and have a parts car¿

sporkHSP
06-26-2005, 09:34 PM
do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

mag_pbg
06-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Im just wondering how bad the tranny swap will be, I've read on how to do it just wondering if it is goin to be worth it.

frantik
06-26-2005, 10:38 PM
dude do the switch automatics suck hehe :D

mag_pbg
06-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Ya true that. I should be able to get it Thursday or friday when I get paid. The only bad thing is he isn't selling his rims that came with the car. They are the stock silver steelies not the crappy hubby's like I have.

shepherd79
06-27-2005, 09:17 AM
get the car. it is a great deal.
when you do the swap, make sure you take your time and do everything right.
het all the new bushings, new flywheel and brand new OEM clutch.

mag_pbg
07-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Allright, I just bought the car last night I havn't had a chance to bring it home yet though. I plan on starting the swap monday since I have monday and tuesday off. I do have a quick question, do any of you remember what size socket I need for the CV axle where it bolts to the hub? This is a straight bolt in right, I don't need to do any major modifications to get the tranny to fit¿

mag_pbg
07-03-2005, 07:35 PM
come on guys I know some of you have done the swap is the socket like a 31mm, the stupid repair book doesn't say oh well, but I need to know if iM going ot be doing any major modifications for the new tranny to fit.

mag_pbg
07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Allright, I finally fixed my front end, all new headlight reflector, new crome grill thing, and corner lights. I also pulled the windshield washer sprayers (at night the holes made a annoying whistle) a new center consol (new one has a tape holders) rims (stock 13's but the cast aluminum) and some minor engine pieces. Hopefully tomorow I will be able to drop the tranny but I won't be able to put it in mine till I get a new drivers side axle and a clutch kit.