PDA

View Full Version : New seals for A/C with R134A

Blkblurr
06-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know if you can get new seals for the R134A freon/ oil combo? I have a leak at the point the discharge hose enters the condenser. Before I buy a new one I'd like to know if they make ones that are compatable with R134A.

Thanks

shepherd79
06-27-2005, 08:50 AM
our AC systems were designed to work with R12 and nothing else.

Blkblurr
06-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Yes I know that but I converted mine over two years ago and it has been working great since then. It leaked a little but one can a year was not bad as opposed to replacing the whole system. It is now leaking at a rate of two bottles in about two weeks. Since I know where the leak is I would like to replace it with a different compond o-ring. If I can't get one from Honda or a parts store does anyone know what the compound is that new cars use? I can then just get it through my work.

Oldblueaccord
06-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes I know that but I converted mine over two years ago and it has been working great since then. It leaked a little but one can a year was not bad as opposed to replacing the whole system. It is now leaking at a rate of two bottles in about two weeks. Since I know where the leak is I would like to replace it with a different compond o-ring. If I can't get one from Honda or a parts store does anyone know what the compound is that new cars use? I can then just get it through my work.

Been a long long time since I did mine but I used the "green" seal. Dont know anything about them but they were green. They used to come in a complete kit but I just took all mine out and matched them up at a parts store.

wp

Blkblurr
06-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Has it been holding a charge?

AccordEpicenter
06-27-2005, 11:37 AM
a can a year is a fairly big leak. I thought they were all nitrile o rings?? Maybe im wrong...

Vinny
06-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I ordered mine from Honda 2 years ago and had no problems at all on either car. One ran 12 the other ran 134A.

If nothing else take the O rings to NAPA since they sell individual O rings in all shapes and sizes

Blkblurr
06-27-2005, 06:30 PM
That's what I'll do. I might find out what o-rings my newer cars use and look at the color of the material. They should be different colors for different materials. I believe the correct ones will be brown.

Thanks all