PDA

View Full Version : just put on my vent shades..

frantik
06-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah so i've had these vent shades (vent visors, window vents or whatever you wanna call them) sitting in my closet for a while, waiting to be "installed" it thats what you call sticking somehting on with tape hehe anyways i finally got around to putting them on today. i'm not 100% sure if I like them but i figure worse comes to worse i take em off. i gotta wait for the tape to cure before i drive with em but it's kinda weird seeing them on my car hehe

what do you guys think?

http://frantikbeats.free.fr/accord/vent-01.jpg

http://frantikbeats.free.fr/accord/vent-02.jpg

http://frantikbeats.free.fr/accord/vent-03.jpg

SQ is the SQUAD
06-27-2005, 11:42 AM
nice, when i got my new impala vent shades where the first thing i brought for it

Busted_Blue
06-27-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm too used to mine.. The aftermarket ones look soo round compared to the OEM ones. One thing I don't like about the aftermarket ones is that you just tape it to the exterior. The OE ones clip onto the edge of the window. I hope you cleaned it up pretty good before you stuck it on.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/IMG_5512Small.jpg

frantik
06-27-2005, 12:50 PM
i was wondering about your oem ones.. does the clip extend around to the inside glass? i was thinking of trying to track some down but not if the clip touches the inside glass cause i dont want it to scratch the tint. i don't really like the tape factor either but it's what i could get easily. i looked all over for after market clip on ones but they dont make them for our years

as far as cleaning i followed the directions carefully.. first i wiped the frames down with a damp terry cloth towel that had a bit of dish soap in it. then after it dried i used the rubbing alcohol wipes (included with the visors) to clean off the wax where they go. i didn't just stick them on there :lol:

88accordhb
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
sweet.

HostileJava
06-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Looks good. I'm a fan of them.

3gn86lxi
06-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I loooooooove mine. I was also unsure of them when I insalled them. But once you have them on for a while you won't want to drive without them.

spades27
06-27-2005, 01:02 PM
ya i got them on my 3geez i love them looks good

frantik
06-27-2005, 01:30 PM
I loooooooove mine. I was also unsure of them when I insalled them. But once you have them on for a while you won't want to drive without them.

cool that makes me feel a lil better since i too am a little unsure. why do you like them so much?

mr eff
06-27-2005, 01:38 PM
they look good. i'm trying to find OEM ones for the coupe, did they make those?

frantik
06-27-2005, 01:47 PM
according to the brochure i posted up only the 4 door had oem visors, though the front two might fit if the doors or glass is the same. i think busted blue has the only oem ones in existance though :D

mr eff
06-27-2005, 02:10 PM
probably, but i know where he lives... and he doesn't garage his car.

it might be that he has the only OEM rear window visors in existence before too long...

Ace
06-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Dude are the oem ones that rear I carelesly cracked mine when I junked my dx They were in perfect condition and I thought nothing about them LOL

Hash_man_Se_i
06-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Those look pretty good, but IMO oem looks a lot better... busted, hurry and find me some, haha

2drSE-i
06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
according to the brochure i posted up only the 4 door

tehehehe according

3gn86lxi
06-27-2005, 11:29 PM
cool that makes me feel a lil better since i too am a little unsure. why do you like them so much?
I like to have some ventilation when I drive, and I can roll the back windows down just a bit and the air circulates well.
Also, when it's hot out, you can put them down and not worry if a rain shower hits. And when you are driving with the windows down, I think the noise is less with the ventshades on.
Just my opinion though.

Busted_Blue
06-28-2005, 01:59 AM
The same thing happened when I started driving. My friends would look at the visors and think "ugh, how ugly!" When raining season came around, they saw me use it in action and the girls thought "Ohhhhhh" like they finally get it.

It allows ventilation without actually exposing the car to the elements. The best example is when it starts to rain and your car's windows fogs up. You naturally want to hit the defrost button and work at it full blast right? Of course, it doesn't help for a long time and your driving suffers. If you open your windows a tiny bit it will help eliminate that "fog" quicker right? Course when it is raining you don't want your car's interior to get wet while you are hastening the process so this is where the visors come in. Another pro is it allows you to open your windows a bit while you are parked so it won't become an oven in your car when you get back.

I love them because they are functional and they make the car look more Asian trendy. If you look closely, many of the tuner cars that mimick the asian market have these things or love to get their hands on them. Honda has them available to all their cars but some of them only offer them in the land of JDM and being that the JDM trend is alarming, people want them. I'm glad I got mine at the dealers. :D

frantik
06-28-2005, 03:31 AM
i dunno about leaving my windows cracked while parked.. sounds sketchy considering all that is different is a piece of plastic taped on there.. though i suppose it just makes it less noticable that they are even open. here in cali the rainy season is pretty short lived and it rarely rains when it's hot.. lol oh well hopefully i'll still like em :P i still havent driven with them yet lol

BB you said you got them at the dealership.. were they brand new? how much did you pay and does the clip extend onto the inside glass? If it does i wont even consider getting them

Busted_Blue
06-28-2005, 08:09 AM
i dunno about leaving my windows cracked while parked.. sounds sketchy considering all that is different is a piece of plastic taped on there.. though i suppose it just makes it less noticable that they are even open. here in cali the rainy season is pretty short lived and it rarely rains when it's hot.. lol oh well hopefully i'll still like em :P i still havent driven with them yet lol

BB you said you got them at the dealership.. were they brand new? how much did you pay and does the clip extend onto the inside glass? If it does i wont even consider getting them

it doesn't touch the inside glass. It clips onto the surrounding frame of the door and my parents were the original owners of the car and dad bought a fair share of acessories for the car.

and about parking outside with them open alittle. The OE ones are alot sturdier than the stick on ones. Sometimes when you accidentally leave the window open, and it rains, you dont have to worry. ;)

frantik
06-28-2005, 09:26 AM
hmm i guess i will keep an eye out for them, though it seems like a lot of people have been looking. plus i just installed these ones :rofl:

BlueBead
06-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Ahhhhh... another one of those must haves that I will be getting around to once the body work is done
The vent shades work the same way my sunroof visor does.... they help 'sculpt' the airflow around your window openings so that you get a smooth, laminar flow of air. This cuts down on the wind noise and helps keep rain and dust out of the car when travelling at speed. I always leave my sunroof open a bit under the visor to help keep the car cooler... the OEM plastic is mounted strong enough to deter any theif..... they're more likely to break a window then to mess with the visor.
Big thumbs up for visors and congrats to frantik on the nice install and pics!

frantik
06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
hmm i dunno bout the visors.. they definitely change the air flow but now when i have the windows open i dont get any air blown on me which kinda defeats the purpose of opening the windows it seems like hehe. i did notice that on the freeway though i was driving with my windows down and it wasn't like a crazy wind tunnel in my car. i wish i could easily take them off and reapply them as i like cause it's kinda hard to compare them now

oh well we'll see how it goes.. i left the windows slightly cracked and it's really hard to see that they're open so perhaps if it's a lot cooler in the car next time i get in ill start to see some advantages

3gn86lxi
06-29-2005, 09:48 PM
You will enjoy them. I had to take mine off for paint :) , and that will be the first thing I put back on when I can!

frantik
06-29-2005, 11:12 PM
hehe right on..

one interesting thing i just noticed is if you drive on the freeway with the windows cracked slightly the air will come out the vents even if it is off lol cause of the suction created. too bad i dont still smoke cigs im sure it sucks the smoke right out the car. hmm could work for :bong: though *rubs chin*

3gn86lxi
06-29-2005, 11:29 PM
hehe right on..

one interesting thing i just noticed is if you drive on the freeway with the windows cracked slightly the air will come out the vents even if it is off lol cause of the suction created. too bad i dont still smoke cigs im sure it sucks the smoke right out the car. hmm could works for :bong: though *rubs chin*
lmao...........*scratches head*

Cheeseburger
06-29-2005, 11:53 PM
they look good bro!

88Accord-DX
06-30-2005, 07:09 AM
I got some vent shades on my little truck. It came with them. There ok, good for cruising in a little rain with window cracked. They might work good for hitting the :bong: .... LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/nissan6.jpg

frantik
07-10-2005, 10:22 PM
ok a lil follow up..

just like you guys said, i've started to like em. the ability to leave my windows cracked without it being noticable is cool, and the way air gets shaped around the window does make for a more pleasant ride when the windows are down.

i noticed the other day when the windows were closed that air was still coming in the vents so unfortunately it wasn't caused by the vent shade :( oh well it was a nice idea haha

oh yeah and now i really want oem ones.. :( i dont like how the silver trim gets covered up *picky*