PDA

View Full Version : no heater blower or AC unit what next?

truetune
06-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I just finished taking out my heater blower unit, weights probly 10lbs. I also took the AC unit out aswell so I could use its holes in the firewall for a battery relocation kit. So Im wondering, should I keep the stuff and put it back in or give it away this stuff workd perfectly fine.

is there any thing I should be be cautious about now that all thats out?

lostforawhile
06-28-2005, 09:18 AM
what are you doing???

PortugalFocus
06-28-2005, 09:34 AM
if you removed your ac heater unit I would take out the heater core. No sense in having that there. Are you going to AutoX this car or just want to get rid of the HVAC unit?

more weight reduction:

relocate battery, remove all carpet/seats/sound deadening materials, spare tire/jack assy, trimp panels dash, center console, power steering, headliner, seatbelt assys. remove factory exhaust - replace with mandrel bent or crushed aluminum components.

More indepth:
if you are auto swap to manual ~50lbs reduc.
lighter wheels and shorter tires

truetune
06-28-2005, 10:03 AM
heh, I alredy got rid of powersteering, and AC, trunk liner and sound deadner is gone to, the cars a 2dr lx-i with 5spd. Im installing my battery relocation kit today and it was just some stuff to come out that I had planed on. Im going to AutoX this car for sure gettin alredy gettin all the right suspension for it aswell.

Vanilla Sky
06-28-2005, 11:09 AM
in all honesty, with as humid as it is here, i like to be able to toss heated air at my windshield when it fogs.

i can stand the heat. i just can't stand being cold in a car. don't touch my heat, man, lol.

SQ is the SQUAD
06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
a while back i also scrapped everythnig under the dash. so as i get a welder i am welding an battery try where the heather core/ac unit was so i can mount the battery under the dash and run the cables through the holes. this way i dont have to put the battery in the trunk with the fuel cell and i have more engine bay roon for my b20b. plus i can hide all the wires to make it look really cool

truetune
06-28-2005, 03:35 PM
that sounds like a neat lil set-up theres plenty of room for it right in that area

SQ is the SQUAD
06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
i already copyrited the idea, pay me now!

Vanilla Sky
06-28-2005, 05:06 PM
that's not NHRA legal for a reson.

AccordEpicenter
06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
that's not NHRA legal for a reson. sulfuric acid inches from my legs makes me nervous. Why do you need to relocate the battery? Its Lighter to keep it in the stock location

SQ is the SQUAD
06-28-2005, 06:15 PM
i dont belive geltops spill, anyways its not needed to relocate but with a b swap, ill have more room. i dont plan on being in the nhra circut anyways

truetune
06-28-2005, 07:19 PM
the acid from all the old batterys ate away my battery tray so I decided to put it in a box and along with doin that move it to the trunk for a cleaner look and more space.

SQ is the SQUAD
06-28-2005, 07:41 PM
geltop + batterybox = safe fo in cabin storage

AccordEpicenter
06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
they are fully sealed but the they will spill if you crack the case, which is an extreme, but it still makes me nervous... but then again, i drive 105mph driving with one hand taking videos with the other ;)