PDA

View Full Version : Molding rattle!

Acid X
06-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey all, i just bought some new 6 1/2's for my doors, and it seems as though my driver side door molding (the strip along the middle of the door) rattles like crazy. It sounds like crap, inside and outside the car. The passenger side doesnt do it, only the driver side. Has anyone else noticed anything like this? How would i go about fixing it? I appreciate your help..

Also, does anyone know/ever heard of a subwoofer maker or sub and enclosure maker called "WaterMark"? I have a bazooka tube, 8", and i need to know the wattage on it. I have an amp that supplies a nice amount.. i think the highest noted on the back was 480x2. But it also lists 120x4 or something as well.

Anyway, i need to find out the wattage on this sub because it's the only sub i have.. And the last thing i want is to make the thing blow out..

All help is appreciated!

halxi
06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Check the clips for the molding, one or more might be broke.

Mine doesnt do it and all of my clips are there, so that would be my best guess.

Acid X
06-28-2005, 10:12 PM
How do i get the molding off to check the clips? I'm not sure how to get to them.

88Accord-DX
06-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Them clips that hold the molding on are brittle. Just order some new ones from Majestic Honda, cause you will break some I bet.
The ones on the door your trying to get too; here is what I done.
1. Take the screw out closest to the rear of the car.
2. Slowly pull the molding, used a long thin flat-headed screwdriver & pushed down on top side if the clip, then bottom side. It has double sided clips on it. Little tricky, but it worked for me.

zero.counter
06-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Autozone now carries an assortment of replacement OEM clips for panels. Also consider a deadening material after fixing the clips.

Acid X
06-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Them clips that hold the molding on are brittle. Just order some new ones from Majestic Honda, cause you will break some I bet.
The ones on the door your trying to get too; here is what I done.
1. Take the screw out closest to the rear of the car.
2. Slowly pull the molding, used a long thin flat-headed screwdriver & pushed down on top side if the clip, then bottom side. It has double sided clips on it. Little tricky, but it worked for me.

Too bad i cant get pics that show me what kind of clips im looking for. I dont know really which way to pull the molding off, and i'd rather not break more clips. :X

88Accord-DX
06-29-2005, 01:27 AM
It is #42 in the link. Take the screw off first. It is closest to the rear of the door. (by the rear quater panel) Then follow what I said in the previous post.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=SIDE+PROTECTOR

Acid X
06-29-2005, 01:40 AM
It is #42 in the link. Take the screw off first. It is closest to the rear of the door. (by the rear quater panel) Then follow what I said in the previous post.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=SIDE+PROTECTOR

Ah, well i have a 4 door. So i assume you mean closest to the rear door? :P

88Accord-DX
06-29-2005, 01:54 AM
That is for the 4 door. I'm not sure if the same screw toward the back is the same on a 2 door. I have one, so that could be different. Look on the back side of the doors for a screw on the door jam closest to the rear. Take that off first, then proceed with little trick I metioned.

Acid X
06-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Alright, i'll try it. Thanks. :)

Ludi Mali
07-01-2005, 09:30 AM
i got a roll of some really flexible 1/4" foam 3'wide and used spray adhesive to attatch it to the back of the panel. It keeps it from rattling pretty well.