PDA

View Full Version : hey all

89accorder
06-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Hello, i just registered on this forum. ive been debating, but i finally just went and did it. First off, i bought my accord about a month ago. i spent(the bank spent) $1500 and i believe it was worth every penny. a big step up from my last car.(dodge colt turbo, dont ask, it was a beater) everyone on those 'subishi forums trash talked about hondas all of the time. But now i see the light, hondas rock!

Anyway, i did stage one vac removal, piece of cake. that vaccum schematic(the one thats 4 images) really helped. But i have to say I was very skeptical about cutting off all of those black box lines. but im sure everyone thats done it was

im confused on how that mechanical secondary works. i understand that you take something off of the A/C boost on the other side of the carb. and i see how it bolts up to the secondary throttle shaft, but its like facing the complete opposite way, almost like nothing would touch it.

I still have that turboed colt in my driveway. it's a mitsu 9b, which is good for about 12 psi max. i think ill pull that off before i give it to the junkyard

I plan on removing all vac lines sometime in the near future.

smufguy
06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
welcome aboard. you sound like a man who has prior knowledge about how forums work, so you obviously know about the faq, how-to and search functions. Enjoy your stay here, and maybe in the future, you might wanna do a efi conversion like some of us ;)

A20A1
06-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Wow you move right into things don't you.
It's good to be skeptical. :)

smufguy
06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
hehehe

89accorder
06-30-2005, 12:58 PM
I looked at that thread for the efi conversion, but all the parts you need, it seems very complex, however, i would consider doing it, if some people convince me to. I am very easily persuaded, especially when it comes to doing things to cars.

smufguy
06-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I looked at that thread for the efi conversion, but all the parts you need, it seems very complex, however, i would consider doing it, if some people convince me to. I am very easily persuaded, especially when it comes to doing things to cars.

its not complicated, i have done it and if i was to put all my hours together, i would say it took me 3 days with all the parts in my hand. Its a straight forward, pull and replace deal.