PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen Ractives with Koni reds (cheap mini review)

YK86
08-10-2002, 11:03 AM
I finished taking out the Tokicos and Eibach Pro-kits (should be called lift-kits) and my install/adjusting/test driving the Koni struts and Ractive coilovers yesterday night. Thanks to Jim for selling me the struts and preadjusting them for me (the instructions are very bad). They were set at 4 (5 being the firmest).
As of now, I seem to be able to get +1" to -3" of adjustment compared to stock height. I was hoping for -4" so the wheels would be tucking but oh well. The fronts rode very nice even with the coilovers set all the way down. I couldn't do a handling test at that height because of the bad roads (my front air dam would probably get ripped off). The rears at the lowest setting were very firm (like it's supposed to be) resulting in all the imperfections in the road transfering into the car (but it wasn't bottoming out or bouncy in a bad way and only strictly a driver/passenger comfort issue).

YK86
08-10-2002, 11:06 AM
After raising it up an inch all the way around (so about 2" lower than stock), it handled like a dream and rode much better. I never raised it to stock height so I don't know how it would ride at that height. I would definetly reccomend this combo. Pics here:
http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4481