PDA

View Full Version : How to replace manifold coolant hose

joebeets
06-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi,

I've got to replace the hose under the carb and can't even see where it attaches. Is this something that needs to be done from underneath?

Thanks,

JB

A20A1
06-29-2005, 05:27 PM
yes... it's better to remvove the manifold.

The hose connects from the big black water pipe somewhere in the middle, and runs back towards the firewall to a small valve under the manifold and then up to the carburetor base.
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4384

I beleive that is the A20A3 water pipe but the nipple on the water pipe is close to the same area.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
It can be done from the top. It's the hose that leads away from the thermostat housing to the intake manifold. It is difficult to remove due to the hardess of the hose and the connecting point behind the intake manifold. I found it easier to remove the air filter housing. Take a small razor and cut the hose off. Clean the connector on the manifold. Spray some WD40 on the connector or on the inside of the hose and it will slide on very easily.

Claude

FyreDaug
07-20-2005, 07:10 AM
I donno about wd40, isnt that bad for rubber stuff? I use wheel bearing grease, a very small tab whenever I put something back on that was hard to take off

87_HaTcH
07-20-2005, 11:25 AM
joebeets what part of maryland are you from? just wondering..... :cool: