PDA

View Full Version : Random part failure award

5spdaccordlxi
06-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I think i my accord should win this prize.. If anyone read the post, recently my rear control arm/balljoint got so bad it popped out of socket. Today my steering got really stiff so i looked and there was no power steering fluid in the resevoir and it was sucking in air ( well at least i figured out what those weird gurgling noises were. I filled it up with transmission fluid for a lawn mower at work (same thing as P/S fluid) and truned the wheel so the pump would suck in some fluid and bleed the air and i hear a squirting sound. I look uner the car and its practically pouring out. I get home and jack it up and take off a metal cover that protects the place where all the P/S lines connect to the bottom of the rack and flui is everywhere. upon closer examination, i notice that part of where the lines connect it bolted to the underside of the rack with two bolts. the hole that the bolt went threw broke off the body of the piece, so it was only held on by one bolt. so a piece of cast iron randomly just cracked in half.... idk evenj know what the parts purpose is-i'm leaning toward it being something that regulates the speed sensing steering since it mentioned something about it in the haynes. either way, i'm just gonna grab it from the junk yard nearby. if they got rid of the accords they have i'm screwed though cuz its somch a random part to break that i would probably have to buy the whole rack to get it. If anyone thinks they can beat me in any more random of a part to fail, try me. Maybe it will make me feel better about my accord falling apart recently.

AZmike
06-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Only use Honda power steering fluid or you'll end up with leaks.

lostforawhile
06-30-2005, 08:23 PM
got you beat when i first got my car the drivers side miror fell off. i don't mean the whole thing i mean the shaft that goes through the mirror snapped in half and the mirror fell off.

leia
06-30-2005, 08:28 PM
In my old VW my shifter broke.

Strugglebucket
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
one time my coin tray overheated.

Busted_Blue
07-01-2005, 12:53 AM
one time my coin tray overheated.

dude my ashtray overheated but my coin tray has been getting warmer lately...

5spdaccordlxi
07-01-2005, 05:23 PM
went to the junkyard today and got the part for 10 bucks which was nice, but when i got home i noticed it was starting to crack in the same place. I'm thinking maybe it isnt coincidence that the same part from 2 different cars were cracking in the same exact place. I was wondering if maybe anyone else had this problem. its a small black of cast iron on the underside of the rack which makes up part of the steering gear. It has two flanges on it with a bolt throgh each. the crack was on one of the flanges