PDA

View Full Version : New tuner aboard -> 89 LXi Coupe

MercuryRune
07-01-2005, 01:16 AM
New to the forums, I found my way here while looking up how to replace my rear tail-lights (some uninsured ricer in a scion dented my rear driverside light + frame where the trunk closes) so i went to the junkyard, and ripped out another rear light and replaced it... then i saw all the nifty things people had done to their car, and things i didn't know about my car, and how to do them.

I don't know how much i will post, but it feels good to find a board with people who also have my type of car... there are few of them around here, i've seen one in maybe 3 years, and it was from an out of state tourist...

Just wanted to introduce myself, and say thanks for all the interesting information, and recreational posts here at 3geez

-- Rune
My Ride:
Black '89 Honda Accord LX-i 2dr Coupe 4spd AT
158,991Miles

:rice:
Mods:
Dented rear-passenger side panel (moulding removed),
Dented Driverside trunk (above light),
Broken/Loose passenger door-locking-hinge
Broken Driverside rear strut, shock destroyed, no damper response
Leaky Gasket, dropping oil onto block
Roof-light inoperable (can't seem to get a proper bulb anywhere nearby)
Stock Radio broken, cassette-tray loose inside of radio, will not revert out of casette mode
Blown Speakers (front driver + passenger)
Rearview mirror limp, (will not stay put when adjusted)

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2005, 01:43 AM
hmm, i'm thinking we need to do an orlando meet. there are 2 members in orlando, and 3 here. if we can all get together, that would make 5 of us. hell, maybe we can all go to the junkyard or something.

welcome aboard, man

Cheeseburger
07-01-2005, 01:44 AM
:welcome: bro! this site is so helpfull enjoy your stay

geesnow
07-01-2005, 05:17 AM
Its nice to have you here!! :rockon:

HostileJava
07-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Welcome

2drSE-i
07-01-2005, 11:22 AM
lol i like ur mods list, here is mine

LED washer nozzle lights
Primered, misaligned drivers side fender
white, misaligned headlight assembly

yea my body shop is fuckishly gay, they are gonna fix that shit for free

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-02-2005, 02:57 PM
how long ago did you see that 3g? if it was between august of last year and this past january, it could've been me. is there anything you remember about it? welcome to the board. hey derick, did you include Matt in those numbers? you know he had to sell the 3g after it went out on him. i forgot what he said he got to replace it.

hook81
01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
so i have an 89 EX-i coupe and need body work as well, dont know what to do with it.. I am thinking about tossing on a frount clip from a 91 accord, but i think it may be a lot of work.... i have done just about all i can with it for know but need so thoughts...

mods
- coilovers,17"mr7 , 2ans 1/4 from the header out, tint cold air bat box in trunk, cluch, moter tranny, all the frount end parts streaning and what not, short toss shifter, full gauges, 91 si lude seats... and then some..

86AccordLxi
01-08-2006, 09:14 PM
First off, the front clip from a 91 won't work without a LOT of work, and ultimately it's probably (about 100%) not worth it. Also, you probably should have started a new thread rather than digging up this thread from July.

Alex