PDA

View Full Version : wiring up obd-1 for a turbo ls

Accordtheory
07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
I know at least a couple people on this board have converted to obd-1, and a couple people have b series swaps too, so I was just wondering what the easiest way to do this is. I have an engine harness for my ls, so I am guessing I would have to change the plugs in the engine bay to be compatible with the LS harness, and change the plugs on the computer harness to plug into the obd-1 ecu, and add a few wires. Also, I have wrx 740cc injectors, I think those are saturated, don't the obd-1 ecu's normally use saturated injectors? Since I will be forced induction, I need a knock sensor too. (p72 ecu, then I'll be set if I drop a B16 head on in the future) And then once I get it wired up, I still don't know shit about uberdata..but I guess I need something called the "ostrich" fom moates.net, and a conversion kit for uberdata too? I also really need to figure out how to make this smog legal. Thanks in advance for any help!

SteveDX89
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Get wiring diagrams of both cars. Then switch the actual plastic part of the plugs from your Accord harness onto the LS harness making sure you get the wires in the right locations. Add the extra shit in. Pull the OBD 0 plugs off the ECU connector and put the OBD 1 connectors on. Figuring out where the wires go will be a brain buster because a lot of stuff is different/added. OBD 1 uses the newer saturated injectors without a resistor box.

Accordtheory
07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
That's pretty much what you did? well, that doesn't sound insanely difficult..what about the 02 sensor, and the gsr 2 stage intake and vtec connections?

SteveDX89
07-02-2005, 07:48 AM
That's pretty much what you did? well, that doesn't sound insanely difficult..what about the 02 sensor, and the gsr 2 stage intake and vtec connections?

No, PRI made me OBD 0 harness.