PDA

View Full Version : A week without my car.

3gn86lxi
07-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, it has been a week since my car has been in the shop for the repair and paint job. And I really miss driving the p.o.s.!!!
So I was thinking......whats the longest amount of time you have been without your Accord?
And did you really miss it? I have been driving my truck, which is o.k. but it's a big lifted truck. Rides like a truck, and drives like a truck. And my car handles sweet, and is easy to zip around in traffic, ect.
Anyway...........stories. Commence discusion.

Cheeseburger
07-01-2005, 09:16 PM
a month when i went out of the country, i miss my car so much i was counting the days when i was going to return back home

2drSE-i
07-01-2005, 09:28 PM
3 months one time........grounded for wrecking it

i deserved it for damaging my beautiful car

frantik
07-02-2005, 05:31 AM
i was without my 3g for a week just recently i started to miss it a lot hehe. when i got it back i went on a mini kragen shopping spree i was so excited :rofl:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
07-03-2005, 05:10 PM
My longest has been a week while I was waiting for a new oil pan to arrive. On a positive note, that delay gave me time to install all new engine mounts, shift linkage, readjust the valves, and get the exhaust system ready to be installed. Driving her now is more of a pleasure than before. :)

MrBen
07-03-2005, 05:59 PM
A week when I had it... my mechanic broke a rare part on the carb and had to search all the local junkyards for it.

But now that it's sold, I guess a year since it's been a year without the 3g.

88accordhb
07-03-2005, 06:04 PM
like 3 weeks for me.

Rendon LX-i
07-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Been about 3 mouths for me now. And i really miss it its getting painted SI blue with a purple in it. GOing to look sick but I really miss it I drive my hoopti but i Nothing drives as good as my Accord. Thats why i come on here alot. lol

3gn86lxi
07-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm hoping to hell that he doesn't have mine for that long!!!! Should be another two weeks probably.
3 months, huh, for a complete? What are you paying if you don't mind me asking Rendon?

Rendon LX-i
07-04-2005, 01:16 PM
FREEEEEEEEEEEE. lol its my brothers shop. since its free i told him take his time u know. The paint is worth alone 800 dollars custom Si blue witha purple in it. And going to lay a pearl over it. So i aint going to bitch u know. If it was in a paint shop i well already be on his ass. Its almost done thou. looks crazy

88Accord-DX
07-04-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't drive my Accord on a daily basis. I drive it around the block a few times once a week. It has plans for a rebuilt motor later this year, which I'm doing. I have to much money in it to sell it. I think my head gasket leaks a little, & have a vacuum leak I can't find. So time to rebuild & replace everything. It is my project car so to speak.

3gn86lxi
07-08-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm hoping to hell that he doesn't have mine for that long!!!! Should be another two weeks probably.
3 months, huh, for a complete? What are you paying if you don't mind me asking Rendon?
Looks like it's going to be longer....... :sad2:

3gn86lxi
07-12-2005, 06:38 PM
K.....update for those who care.
Got back from my vacation, and the only thing done was the trunk lid painted on the underside and installed. 2 ff'ing weeks and that was it!
So Monday and today, I have been sanding like a mofo, and it is ready to fix the little dents and prime.
Maybe I will get the paint job he promised he would do, after I do all the work. Goddamn painters!!!!
He still has to do my other z3 fender! I'm sooooo pissed at that ass, it isn't even funny.
Just had to say that and rant for a minute. I know most don't care anyway........ :sad2:
...........edit..................
Today it it is in primer! :)

88Accord-DX
07-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Here is the lastest on Ryans car. Looks like your coming along better than your freaking lazy painter. lol

Looking good!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/redoneonbacksideofRyanscar.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/sandeddownsideofRyanscar.bmp

Rendon LX-i
07-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Im paint my side molding something new i guess. Looking good man. Hopefully I can see that new paint job at the meet

3gn86lxi
07-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Im paint my side molding something new i guess. Looking good man. Hopefully I can see that new paint job at the meet
Yeah. That would be cool. Thats not the color, that is primer. It will be Laurel Blue, just like factory. Except it's going to have a shit ton of blue ice pearl in it.