PDA

View Full Version : Car Has No Power-- Please Help Me!!!

geesnow
07-02-2005, 03:13 PM
88 accord lx-i. i was going 2 get gas earlier, and when i HIT the gas, it had NO power at all. i turned around and came home. pulled into driveway, looked at temp guage- it was pretty high. popped hood- noticed a little bit of smoke from drivers side of the engine bay, smelled like oil but not sure. im going to let it cool off and try again later. anyone have any ideas???

Shirako
07-02-2005, 08:04 PM
:pc: head gasket? o.o

geesnow
07-03-2005, 05:09 AM
ok- heres where it stands: i put some of that block sealer in it (after i drained it 3 times, to make sure all coolant is out) followed the directions. helped a lot, and i noticed the timing was slightly off. maybe it jumped timing, got hot, then seperated the head gasket. i will see how it goes this week. like i said, its A LOT better then it was, but still doesnt have quite the same power as it did before. i will probably change the head gasket this coming up weekend. what do you guys (and gals) think? thanks for toyr help!!

88Accord-DX
07-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Get a compression tester & test each cylinder. That will give you a better idea where you stand. I don't care for using block sealer. Change the timing belt if you decide to change out the head gasket.