PDA

View Full Version : stalling out, cant keep an idle...

ALTERED4
08-10-2002, 02:34 PM
im sure this has been asked before, since im going to be late for work, im going to ask, i will appreciate the help...

not too long ago when i was having overheating problems, my car developed a problem, the car (when hot) would idle funny, stall out, and will not want to start for a short while... after a few tries, the car would start as normal... since then, i have done a major tune up, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, radiator (replaced), t-stat, fan switch, tranny fluid, oil, i even messed with my tv cable... anyways, car runs excellent, and the car no longer overheats...

every once in a while, stalling out problem will re-occur... ill have trouble starting the car, and when it does start, it will not hold an idle, and stall again... this problem occurs for a short while, the car will eventually start, idle, and run as though nothing was wrong...

just yesterday, after driving around in the accord for a while on a hot day, the car stalled out at a stop sign... it took about 5 tries to get the car going again, but after the car started up again, everything was normal...

if anybody can help, or point me in the right direction, i would appreciate it very much...

thanks...

guaynabo89
08-10-2002, 03:21 PM
If it does it on hot days only, or when its been parked in the sun all day its probably your fuel main relay.

anchovies
08-10-2002, 10:35 PM
check or replace your air filter 1st.
might be something else..but this is relatively cheap

ACCORD EX
08-11-2002, 01:31 AM
it's probably the main relay !

MIKE