PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Squeals

AccordLX-i87
05-05-2002, 12:19 PM
Ever since I got my car serviced for a new timing belt, cam, and a crank seal a while ago my car starts squealing when i start it...its not everytime i start it but it happens enough. (usually at the worst times :rolleyes: ) Should I take it back and demand them to redo it? Or should I just wait it out?

carotman
05-05-2002, 12:25 PM
it must just be your alternator belt or the Power Steering belt that slips.

Take that to the shop and have them look at it. They must not have tightened it enough.

ACCORD EX
05-05-2002, 03:24 PM
the same thing happened to me when a fuckin mechanic changed my timing belt ! it wasn't set correctly ! so check the timing and all the other belts that has been changed ! they are not tensioned properly !

MIKE

Bullfrog
05-05-2002, 06:28 PM
can someone post directions to tighten the belts..i know how to do the alternator but where is the power steering belt...unless ther conected:confused:

anchovies
05-06-2002, 12:52 AM
i don't have my car infront of me now..
the ps should be the middle one...if u stand in front of your car...u can see the ps pump..to tighten it u need a bar (or whatever) to push it pivot it against the other side...tht will push the pump lower to tighten the belt..then u have to tighten the nut below (can be done w/ 2 hands...3 is better)
ac is the one below

Bullfrog
05-06-2002, 06:18 AM
thank you!

me
:stupid:
my car