PDA

View Full Version : JPGs: My Euroaccord is sleeping in storage

Oyvind Ryeng
07-04-2005, 09:26 AM
It's awaiting the stock tall-as-a-tractor springs so it'll pass the (stupid motherfucking god-damn-it-to-hell) inspection at the DMV so I can get my plates back and continiue using it on the beat-up Norwegian roads. It's parked at my grandmothers farm about 100 kilometres away from where I am located now, and I have to risk my life driving my fathers worthless Peugeot to get there (French piece-of-crap).

http://oyvindryeng.net/img_host/accord1.jpg
http://oyvindryeng.net/img_host/accord3.jpg
http://oyvindryeng.net/img_host/accord2.jpg

88LXi68
07-04-2005, 10:18 AM
ohh please get it out of the grass!! I am just imagining the rodents that may crawl up in your car.

3gn86lxi
07-04-2005, 11:02 AM
At least cover it Oyvind! Poor thing out there all alone not even covered. :sad2:

Cheeseburger
07-04-2005, 11:10 AM
dam bro hope u get those tractor springs on, that way u can have her up and running

snoopyloopy
07-04-2005, 02:38 PM
what's wrong with the ones u have now (besides obviously being too low)? i suppose what i'm asking is why can't your car be that low?

Oyvind Ryeng
07-04-2005, 07:35 PM
There are no rodents there, an occational cat, but no rodents. Even spiders and other bugs are rarely to be seen.

Now, on to the spring-issue:
The Norwegian goverment has decided, that any lowering spring wich is not approved by the German TüV shall not be approved for use on any passenger car registred for use on Norwegian public roads. This rules out DropZone and Ground Control, who, as far as I know, are not tested by the TüV, and are the only ones making a height-adjustable setup for the 3G's. However, my springs are fabricated by B&G and have the TüV approval, but these springs are over 8 years old, and the paint has flaked off, along with their B&G model number. Now, I can't prove that these spring are, in fact, the same ones that the TüV document match, and automatically, they fail inspection. ALL lowering springs MUST be approved by the TüV, and the install also visually inspected at the DMV and then printed on to the cars document of registration. Useing a document that does not match the number of the spring is considered fraud, and is punished by up to 5 years in prison.

So my options are to either buy new lowering springs, or putting the stockers back on. Seeing as how my balljoints last for no more than 6 months (lowering is the culprit) and stock springs are close to free, I chose the latter. Buying new (or used) lowering springs is not economically practical, seeing as how I am in the process of selling the car.

88accordhb
07-04-2005, 09:06 PM
aw sweet car, sucks about the gavana not lettin you lower it. nice seats man.

thegreatdane
07-05-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm sorry about you having to drive a Peugeot, that sucks. (Be careful that it doesnt self ignite :p ) Good to see you back here btw.

rutterg
07-05-2005, 05:24 AM
There is nothing wrong with a Peugeot. It is quite comfortable, better than to go on foot and at least it isn't a volkswagen.

NXRacer
07-05-2005, 07:41 AM
^^^ :rofl:

jigga225
07-05-2005, 08:29 AM
yeah man that's not storage, its just in the grass somewhere. put it in one of those barns or something. And yeah, find a way to beat the system :)

HostileJava
07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
You better hope that your alternater doesn't rust and freez up from the moisture the grass holds.

GunnarH
07-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Hva er vitsen med å poste bilder av en bil som får deg til å føle deg som en ballerina i rosa trikot øyvind?

Trodde forresten ikke du hadde råd til nye prosjekter?(ref salgsannonse)

88LXi68
07-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Hva er vitsen med å poste bilder av en bil som får deg til å føle deg som en ballerina i rosa trikot øyvind?

whaaaaaa?

3gn86lxi
07-05-2005, 05:33 PM

Hey..............english please! :welcome:

truetune
07-05-2005, 06:38 PM
your GOV. has suck ass regulaltions. I wish I had some pimp seats like those, will one day when I need them to keep me from slidin around. oh oh cut your springs yeah....bad Idea but its a thoght.

GunnarH
07-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I was just wondring why oyvind still was on this board posting pics of a car he wrote he hate.
And asked what car he was going to buy now.

Oyvind Ryeng
07-06-2005, 12:21 AM
aw sweet car, sucks about the gavana not lettin you lower it. nice seats man.
Oh, I CAN lower it; it's just a big hasstle, plus there are no TüV approved coilover- or coilover sleeves available, and ride height adjustement is really nice to have. Thanks for your comment on the seats; they are some Sparcos I had laying around in the basement.

I'm sorry about you having to drive a Peugeot, that sucks. (Be careful that it doesnt self ignite :p ) Good to see you back here btw.
Peugeots are the work of the Devil, no doubt about it. Yes, it's been a while, nice to see you too.

You better hope that your alternater doesn't rust and freez up from the moisture the grass holds.
Relax, it's gonna be out there for a maximum of two monts. But I still feel wrong about having it outside; there was no space available on the barn.

Posting in Norwegian on an English board is disrespectful towards the other users and owners, so I will not reply in Norwegian. Here is an accurate translation of what Mr. Gunnar said: "Whats the point of posting pictures of a car that makes me feel like a ballerina in a pink tutu? And I thaught you could not afford any new projects (reffers to my for-sale ad)". First of all, sir, I don't like your tone; you can take your pompousness and hatered to somebody else. Where ever I go, there's someone hating on me and my car, and I am sick of it. The whole ballerina in a pink tutu-case reffers to a discussion I started on the Norwegian Bilforumet.Net, where I stated that driving and owning a FWD car makes me feel like one. Long story short, one of the reasons I'm selling the 3G is due to the FWD (when the time comes I am going over to the dark side (RWD)). Now, about my economic status, that is none of your fucking business, and you are an asshole for trying to bring me down on it. Who even said that my next project is a car? You know nothing about me, so just shut your mouth and try and convert all that hate inside of you into something constructive, like something that will benefit the community around you.

I was just wondring why oyvind still was on this board posting pics of a car he wrote he hate.
And asked what car he was going to buy now.
Wow, either your English skills are way below par, or you're just an asshole (see my translation earlier in this reply). First of all, I never said I hated my car; in fact; I still love it (albeit not as much as in the beginning of the ownership). Why you are spreading these lies is just above me; maybe you have some kind of grudge against me; I don't know. I dare you to find words written by me stating that I hate my car; go on; I know you won't find anything because I never said it. And you did not ask "what I were going to buy next", as I pointed out in the paragraph above. And WHAT? I now suddenly need your permission to post pictures of my ride? What the Hell is that about? I'll fucking post pictures of my still beloved 3G even IF my reasoning for doing so is not understood/accepted/comprehended/endorsed by you. Well, I am now officially done wasting my time on you; please don't ever talk to me again; doing so will only make me take even larger amounts of pity on you and your entire hateful persona.

HostileJava
07-06-2005, 05:33 AM
So GunnarH what's to wear a pink tutu? Sorry but that's all I really got out of this thread.

GunnarH
07-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Øyvind:

Calm down.

Yes, my english is not the best,+ I had to go to work=a bad translation

OK i missunderstud you.But my konklusjon in the "pinkt tutu" thread and in a(deleted) tread on clubhonda.org was that you hate HONDA (for making fwd cars) your car (cause it has fwd, and beacause it`s not fun to ride, etc.

AND (http://www.bilforumet.net/showthread.php?t=49932&page=1&pp=15&highlight=rosa+ballerina)
Since your english is so perfect, translate this for me...
...klarer bare ikke å skjønne hva som fikk meg til å kjøpe den forbannajævlahelvettes konebilen til å begynne med...
(...i don`t know what made me buy that dammed car?...)

I don`t hate your car- I love it,but you need to fix it(just like i need to fix mine)

You MADE people hating you øyvind.Like you did here http://www.bilforumet.net/showthread.php?t=47933&page=2&pp=15
You have to accept that people have a diferent taste than you, i agree with some of your point,BUT writing the way you do only made people hating you.

about your economic status: Misunstanding. I was wondring about you get a better payd job so you was able to afford a project with RWD,turbo +++.
IN A POSITVE WAY!!