PDA

View Full Version : worst thing you ever had to fix on your 3gee

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 02:21 AM
what is the worst thing you ever had to fix on your three gee. In my case it was def the heater core, whoever designed this dash was a f*&^%$g idiot. all the custom stuff i had done with the dash had to come out the center console had to come out, the steering wheel had to come off,the columb had to be lowered combination switch had to come out,blower assembly,cables for the heat control levers,instrument panel,heat control box, it woldn't have been so bad but i had a ton of wiring i had added behind the dash for the stereo,alarm,power locks,mirrors etc. i hadn't designed any of it to come out,well you get the idea. you have to gut half of the car to get to the stupid core then they put half the bolts inside and half in the engine compartment. why????!!!! all this work and you take a little panel off the back of the heater box and the thing slides out. the plate sits against the firewall for crying out loud, why couldn't they have put an access panel under the hood?? it would have saved me two days work to have just pulled the engine and transmission out slid out the heater core replaced it and put the motor back in. I spent three days working an average of 20 hours a day to put everything back the way it was before. AUGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! lets hear some mechanical horror stories

jaiden
07-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Front suspension for me. The bottom bolt in the fork would NOT come out (yes, I have a 1400 ft lb air gun). The bushings were absorbing all the force. Finally had to cut it with an air cutoff wheel, then push out the bushings with an air chisel, then take it somewhere to have new bushings pressed in. But, before that, spent probably a total of 40 hours on it over 3 weekends.

This is now known forevermore as "the bitch bolt"

Interestingly, I was watching one of those car shows, which normaly fixes up old muscle cars. Kind of like "Trucks", but for cars. Anyway, they have been throwing in one import segment per show, presumably to broaden their audience. They had a 3g on it, and did the front suspension. "all you have to do is remove this bolt (points to bolt), and swing the control arm out of the way" (camera cuts away, and as the control arm swings away I see the BOLT IS CUT!) As the show closed, they had like outtakes or an extra comment or whatever and the guy was basically like "holy crap, that's the hardest front end job I've ever done"

Glad to know I'm not alone.

PS. one of the bitch bolts is still stuck! I had a guy finish the job for me,and he split it at the balljoint.

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 05:06 AM
are youj talking about the pinch bolt that holds the fork to the bottom of the strut? must have corroded i have a set of suspension parts i'm having powdercoated one piece at a time and they came right off of the strut. i guess when i put new struts in i'll use those instead of trying to take the other ones apart. might have saved me some effort.

buds302
07-05-2005, 05:45 AM
i had the same problem but i used a torch and cut the whole arm away and went and spent something like 50 bucks for a new one i didnt like the bushing in it anyway it was all dryrotted and stuff. but man whe the torch made it to the rubber bushing dude i thought my car was going up in flames!! that thing burned for an hour! now that was only one side of the car. the other side i got smart and took the whole thing off the car including the springs. and put it in a vise and beat the hell out of it with a 15 pound hammer! it took about an hours worth of beating to get it out. but it saved me from spending more money.

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 06:46 AM
next problem step right this way please http://photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/th_tn8.jpg

FyreDaug
07-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Ball joints after I tried pulling them outta the control arm and ripped the shit out of the boot. Turned out the ball joints had to be cut, they wouldnt come out on their own.

HostileJava
07-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Haha well so far the worst has been replacing the damn crank. I just don't have enough time to work on it and it seems like I run into one problem after another.

'A20A3'
07-05-2005, 10:13 AM
I've completely removed an entire front suspension setup and I've removed the entire rear suspension setup except for the rear struts. I removed the front brakes, the radiator, the cylinder head, the block, transmission, exhaust, ah fuck it, I've done almost everything you can do.

The cylinder head removal is a bitch! I can't get the exhaust manifold brace unbolted. I'm one fucking bolt away from victory! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Hash_man_Se_i
07-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Some things have been a big pain in the ass... I think the top two are the front suspension... front fork to lower arm bolts were siezed,, real pain in the ass.

And it sounds dumb but the fuel filter is retarded... in such a bad spot, and the fitting that honda decided to use on the one line is retarded... no tool fits well on it.,

acranox
07-05-2005, 02:26 PM
The gasket between the thermostat housing and the block.
To remove the Air Suction Pipe required spending about 20 minutes with a pipe wrench, turning the nut about 1/8 of a turn, taking the wrench of, turning it around, readjusting it, then turning the nut another 1/8 of a turn, and then repeat.
What a pain.
The EGR pipe was hardly any easier.

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 03:48 PM
what air suction pipe, hehe. cut the bastard off removed the threaded plug from one end fusion welded in a piece of pressed in steel rod and no more air suction pipe. it't a lot eaisier to work with without that dammed tube in the way. to get it off the first time i got a big ass metric wrench cut off the end and made a special crows foot. thats after cussing at it for a couple of days. i lucked out i haven't had any problems with removing suspension parts. i took the whole suspension out of an lxi at the junkyard i'm just rebulding it one piece at a time. when i'm all done i'll swap out the whole thing. but how the hell do you get the nut all the way off that radius rod.

snoopyloopy
07-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Some things have been a big pain in the ass... I think the top two are the front suspension... front fork to lower arm bolts were siezed,, real pain in the ass.

And it sounds dumb but the fuel filter is retarded... in such a bad spot, and the fitting that honda decided to use on the one line is retarded... no tool fits well on it.,

where is the fuel filter on our cars? i was planning to change mine but couldn't find it. and now i have real motivation.

but anyway, this heater hose that i'm about to change won't be fun. especially with a warm engine.

ICEMAN707
07-05-2005, 06:13 PM
what is the worst thing you ever had to fix on your three gee. In my case it was def the heater core, whoever designed this dash was a f*&^%$g idiot. all the custom stuff i had done with the dash had to come out the center console had to come out, the steering wheel had to come off,the columb had to be lowered combination switch had to come out,blower assembly,cables for the heat control levers,instrument panel,heat control box, it woldn't have been so bad but i had a ton of wiring i had added behind the dash for the stereo,alarm,power locks,mirrors etc. i hadn't designed any of it to come out,well you get the idea. you have to gut half of the car to get to the stupid core then they put half the bolts inside and half in the engine compartment. why????!!!! all this work and you take a little panel off the back of the heater box and the thing slides out. the plate sits against the firewall for crying out loud, why couldn't they have put an access panel under the hood?? it would have saved me two days work to have just pulled the engine and transmission out slid out the heater core replaced it and put the motor back in. I spent three days working an average of 20 hours a day to put everything back the way it was before. AUGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! lets hear some mechanical horror stories

trust me the 3gee dash is the easiest dash to remove compared to any car. 7 bolts holding the dash, steering wheel, instrument cluster, and steering column...that's all that needs to be removed. i've taken my dash off like 12 times no problem. once you know where all the bolts are located, it's very easy the 2nd or more times around.

try removing a camaro, firebird, bmw, mercedes, cavalier amongst others and you'll see how much more a pain in the ass taking the dash off these cars are.

ICEMAN707
07-05-2005, 06:15 PM
where is the fuel filter on our cars? i was planning to change mine but couldn't find it. and now i have real motivation.

but anyway, this heater hose that i'm about to change won't be fun. especially with a warm engine.

fuel filter is on the firewall next to the black vacuum box. it's a black canister with a fuel line coming from the gas tank and one to the fuel rail.

BITESIZE
07-05-2005, 06:21 PM
I'd have to say the friggin rack and pinion...really sucks doing it by yourself.

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
trust me the 3gee dash is the easiest dash to remove compared to any car. 7 bolts holding the dash, steering wheel, instrument cluster, and steering column...that's all that needs to be removed. i've taken my dash off like 12 times no problem. once you know where all the bolts are located, it's very easy the 2nd or more times around.

try removing a camaro, firebird, bmw, mercedes, cavalier amongst others and you'll see how much more a pain in the ass taking the dash off these cars are.
yea if everything on my car was stock it would be easy to remove. i've got so much custom stuff in there along with the center console all the wiring the radio diferent modules to different stuff i've created over the years, and all the wiring was bundled in one piece at a time. gauges etc. everything had to come out then because i had put everything in one piece at a time i had to create new wiring harnesses. there is still a lot to take out even after the dash is removed like the blower assembly has to come out then other stuff has to be moved around to get the stupid heater box out. it would have been so much easier to have an access panel on the firewall. I used to do a lot of custom stereo work so i've taken out my fair share of dashes before still think this one is a pain in the ass. :lol:

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 06:45 PM
fuel filter is on the firewall next to the black vacuum box. it's a black canister with a fuel line coming from the gas tank and one to the fuel rail.snap on ya8980 that is the special snap on socket that removes that banjo bolt on top of the fuel filter. it says 89 and later but i think the earlier fuel injected banjo bolts are the same.

newaccorddriver
07-05-2005, 07:14 PM
for me, the worst thing i had to fix is still to come, although ive went to the junk yard to yank ouy a transmission. the hardest repair for me is replacing a auto transmission thats fucked with a standard transmission. soon to be done... very soon...

88Accord-DX
07-05-2005, 09:58 PM
I had the same problem with that front forks' bottom bolt seized up. I just pulled the strut out from the side of the fender & took out from the top. Did the same thing with the back, (just for spings) cause all my damn bolts where seized up on the bottom. The new fuel fitler on the back needed hose clamps, it is in a bad spot to get too. The crank pulley bolt was real hard to break loose. My hardest thing to fix will be coming up later with a motor re-build, all the hard to reach bolts I know are there.

lostforawhile
07-05-2005, 10:13 PM
I had the same problem with that front forks' bottom bolt seized up. I just pulled the strut out from the side of the fender & took out from the top. Did the same thing with the back, (just for spings) cause all my damn bolts where seized up on the bottom. The new fuel fitler on the back needed hose clamps, it is in a bad spot to get too. The crank pulley bolt was real hard to break loose. My hardest thing to fix will be coming up later with a motor re-build, all the hard to reach bolts I know are there.makes me wonder if these struts i got at the junkyard with the rest of the stuff might be newer then i thought because everything came apart by hand eaisily. took the entire suspension out with hand tools nothing was stuck. must have been disassembled recently.

snoopyloopy
07-05-2005, 10:13 PM
and actually, fixing the lower water heater hose was easier than fixing the two hoses at the top of the engine by the entrance to the manifold. probably because this one was made to fit, those weren't.

Strugglebucket
07-06-2005, 01:08 AM
nothing on my 3g has been that hard. and i've done everything from rebuilding the engine to swapping the tranny from auto to manual.

worst thing i've probably done was a clutch job on a friend's 4g. getting the transmission back in was a bitch-and-a-half. i wound up having to rent a hoist because the damn thing weighed about 150lbs(manual!) and i could lift it, but i couldn't hold it up long enough to get it to fit. there's like a mm of clearance between the frame and where the tranny is when it's mainshaft meets the flywheel. yup...plus i dropped it a couple times and chipped a toof.:(

ICEMAN707
07-06-2005, 09:34 AM
i would say removing the EGR pipe, the intake manifold, and the head would probably the pain in the ass jobs. all 3 are related too.

lostforawhile
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
yea that egr pipe is a real pain. if the thermostat housing gasket goes bad at the head it has to come off. it doesn't bend back into the same shape it ws when it came off. hey do you know where to get one? dealer says they don't make them anymore.

POS carb
07-06-2005, 03:30 PM
rebuilding the automatic
:pc:

buds302
07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Haha well so far the worst has been replacing the damn crank. I just don't have enough time to work on it and it seems like I run into one problem after another.

hey jim did you ever find the right size bolt you needed?? i would have went to the j-yard and got it but i havent had the time to do it i might make it next week. hey what size did you need again? it was the 17 mm right? or was it the 19?

Versanick
07-07-2005, 07:44 PM
When I was backing out of my friends' driveway, my upper control arm FELL out of the fender well. The whole area was rusted and busted. I took it to a welder and he welded it back on.

The other worst thing (tied) was my entire right side suspension, from the lower arm, castor rod, and everything in between from smacking a curb at 50MPH... man that hurt... after spending $120 at the junkyard in new parts, almost nothing fit, because my FRAME (unibody) was crunched 3"+ in. I took it to a shop to get it pulled. But that was the worst mess I'd ever tried to fix. Sukc

SephirXV
07-19-2005, 09:09 AM
This is now known forevermore as "the bitch bolt"

I hear that.

Deadhead
07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
well, i've not gotten into that stuff too much yet, but the worst thing i had to do was probabaly backflushing the radiator. I had to get the lower radiator hose off of the housing.... it was stuck and i didn't have a good tool to get it off, i had to use my brute strength lol. took me about 20 minutes just trying to get the damn thing off

gp02a0083
07-19-2005, 03:16 PM
replacing the drivers side axel, tried everything to get the lower control arm un done but the pin fused to the bushings and such also the power sttering line on the lxi goes behind the engine and wraps around the engine 3/4's of the way not to mention with the tight space and metal lines it wasa bitch

ShimriC
07-20-2005, 05:09 PM
For me its everything ive ever had to do to that damn car, especially the alternator,. it was originally planned to be a days worth of work 2 max,. turned out it took almost a week. i thought i could just yank everything out of the engine bay and pull it out from there but that wasnt the case,. i had to take the drivers side axel just to get to the thing. Then i had to change my thermostat,. i thought that would take a couple of hours,. that ended up being a week. the stupid bolts broke off into the block! I had to get my step dad to get someone at his job to bore them out. and hes so slow with stuff. THEN! changing the down pipe you talk about pissing me off. I had to take off the entire exhaust. then i couldnt get the bolts to come off the pipe,. so i had to go out and buy a tool that forces them off(forgot the name). that project lasted almost a month. i dono why i like these cars so much,. they seem to really piss me off. then after all that the damn engine let go. and i had to go through another bad engine just to get to a good one,. that took almost a half a year. 3geez rule, but there a pain in the arse to work on.

carotman
07-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, nothing was that painful on the car honestly..

Maybe the EFI conversion was a bit of a pain but it's not that bad.

FyreDaug
07-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Well now, I have to replace a bolt that connects the lower control arm to the chassis. Thats gonna be a bitch. Head is sheared off, I'm actually sending it to a mechanic right now, I cant deal with it. I'm gonna smash something on that car soon.

1ajs
07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
the hardest thing to do is undo the lower bolts on the intake manifold because you can't get at them took us 5 hours at home to get the botem bolts off and 5 hours to take the same bolts off at the recer not to metion pulling te fuel injection system off the car at the recors to get at the bults but the parts in side the cab for some one els to take don't you hate it when you go out there to get something to find that part was butcherd bye the preiuse person cause they don't know wtf they are doing

HostileJava
07-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Please next time in english, and try to use these things -> .........

carotman
07-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Well now, I have to replace a bolt that connects the lower control arm to the chassis. Thats gonna be a bitch. Head is sheared off, I'm actually sending it to a mechanic right now, I cant deal with it. I'm gonna smash something on that car soon.

Yeah thinking of this, this was probably the worst thing I had to do to the car too.

im_shad
07-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Everytime I have touched my car with a wrench has been a nightmare.

Replace thermostat, bolts break off in the block

Do the rear shocks, and the bolts in that heavy duty rubber shit break out, then I had to drill out all the rubber out, to knock out the whole mount, and replace as necessary.

Pull motor to do rear main oil seal, something gets fuct in the harness and my carb lost all power, had to hot wire it

The list goes on, i hate my car, i hate 3geez but yet am still attracted to them.

Ichiban
07-26-2005, 08:47 PM
heheheheh!

i cut out and weld repaired the following:
-both rocker panels
-one quarter panel (other one is on its way)
-multiple floor parts (the seams always rot out, never the middle of a panel)
-one front and one rear shock tower
-the entire rear frame rail on the drivers side and a large portion of the inner fender in the rear
-straightened the rad support (took about 4 hours of dragging the car sideways through a field with my toyota pickup)
-i'm sure there's more

after nearly three months of body work, mechanical is a joy now. so many hours of welding on paper thin rusty sheet metal has left me cross-eyed and stupid.

cubert
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
heheheheh!

-both rocker panels
-the entire rear frame rail on the drivers side and a large portion of the inner fender in the rear
-straightened the rad support (took about 4 hours of dragging the car sideways through a field with my toyota pickup)
-i'm sure there's more

after nearly three months of body work, mechanical is a joy now. so many hours of welding on paper thin rusty sheet metal has left me cross-eyed and stupid.

this is the kind of stuff i shouldt be reading when im this tired :lol:

Yea..the passenger axle wasnt much fun to dothing was handing on for dear life..but other than that it wasnt too bad...

BMS
07-26-2005, 09:24 PM
the biggest thing that i've ever done on the accord were all four upper balljoints. it wasn't hard per se, but it was time consuming and tiring and expensive.

89AccordLX2dr
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
I've done both c/v's, rear upper ball joints, oilpan, parking brake cable, front lower ball joint, fuel filters (on the drivers side btw, not by the black box). Hardest fix, was the Oilpan project, oilpan itself was easy enough, but the exhaust bolts at the manifold to collector were the BITCHBOLTS ROYAL!! First one came off fine, second one the nut rounded off, the third broke the stud. Had to chissel the one nut off, so I had two studs to replace, the one I could get out, the other? Had to take it to shop where it took the exhaust specialist 6 attempts at welding a nut on the stud and twisting the stud out. Then I had to special order new studs from Honda. As for every other project, no major problems. But I have to do the master cylinder tomorrow? Assuming the lines will twist when I try to loosen them from the cylinder, I'll (most likely) have to run new lines (which the fronts need anyways) but I don't want to do lines until I have time, need the car to get to work. Timing every light and keeping 30 car lengths away from anyone is getting on my patience, I think I need brakes!!

lostforawhile
07-27-2005, 03:44 AM
heheheheh!

-both rocker panels
-i'm sure there's more

after nearly three months of body work, mechanical is a joy now. so many hours of welding on paper thin rusty sheet metal has left me cross-eyed and stupid. I forgot the joys of working on cars in the north :lol: I was born and raised orginally in extreme northeast Ohio, thank god my car is a southern car. i spend many hours growing up fixing beater cars with chicken wire and bondo :lol: i forget,do they salt the roads in BC or do they use gravel and sand? everyone used to steal street signs and make floor pans from them. my buddy got caught because he was too lazy to paint over the 55 miles per hour and a cop saw the numbers through the holes at a road block. they were trying to catch the sign stealers. :rofl:

'A20A3'
07-27-2005, 07:46 AM
i would say removing the EGR pipe, the intake manifold, and the head would probably the pain in the ass jobs. all 3 are related too.

Word. I'm doing this right now and I can definitely vouch for that.

Ichiban
07-27-2005, 08:01 PM
...there might in fact be road sign in my floor pan

rick_spiff
07-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Two words...

H22A swap.

New front crossmember, modified engine mount, modified rear crossmember, new exhaust routing, hacked together distributor cap, new CAI, modified firewall, REPLACED HEATER CORE ($&*&!!*%&$^!), new LXi front suspension, new master cylinder, splice in PGM-FI electical system into carb accord body, replaced gas tank, re-mounted battery... and that's the SHORT list.

By the way, does anyone have a stick welding machine for sale? This is on hold until I finish fabbing up the front crossmember.

Oh yeah, second hardest thing to fix: Wiring fault in the A/C system... in 108 degree F heat.

Ichiban
08-01-2005, 08:30 PM
i don't think theres anything on a honda that you can stick weld! i haven't used mine for probably 2 years but i don't really want to part with it, i was gonna use it to weld my header tubes to the flange, to get the penetration, you know.

its funny out here they spread the salt down the middle of the highway, so every vehicle over 10 years old is mint on the passengers side and rotten on the drivers. most dealers and warehouses are full of parts for the right side only!

rick_spiff
08-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I get ya. And yes, I've tried to stick weld on the Honda itself, but this time I need to build a new crossmember. Out of 1/8" steel. It'll work good, but the only machine I have access to I can only get on the weekends and it's over 20 miles away. Difficult to say the least.

I'm going to keep saving, route my new fuel lines, and if I have the cash together by the end of this month, get a buzz box and start on the *easy* stuff. Heh.

alberto
07-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Well guys I can say I still havent fix the problem the cluch for some reson die's on me abouth evry year or so I meen 3 trany's and 4 cluches and the last one has been the longest lasting one a act cluch its on there for 14 monts the pedal feels low but it does drive just fine but when it gos out it allwas star frome 5th geer on down.:banghead:

A18A
07-05-2009, 02:46 AM
i hated doing the following jobs:

aligning pop-up headlights
power steering high pressure hose
swapping windscreens
aligning doors
digital climate control conversion / anything climate control related
installing the fuel tank
and i hate installing tow bars

ChaseR
07-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Im about to do my heater core and I am getting scared.

Civic Accord Honda
07-05-2009, 10:56 AM
aligning crap
bleeding brakes ( HATE this on every car)
replaceing transmission

everything else was not hard.. i basicly tore down 2 completle 3gees and bulit one good one but everything else was easy and stright forward :D

fijisac
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
doing the head gasket job and hi pressurized ps line, and redoing every little vacuum in my car, i can probably redo all my vaccum lines in my sleep

ecogabriel
07-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Getting transmissions out.

Getting transmission (auto) out of the 3G to replace the rear crank seal; a weekend spent to replace a $15 part... but it was leaking f@#$&g badly that it would spill oil up to the timing hole. It was not that bad to get it back up (I had my son's help) and a bit of experience w/another transmission before (read below)

Getting the transmission (manual) out of the Civic to replace the clutch (twice!). The first time I was alone trying to get it back up to the engine with no hoist!!!. I eventually managed to get it in place with ropes and a piece of wood stuck on top of the engine bay (I should have taken photos of it)

russiankid
07-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Probably the rack and pinion. Not that bad of a job, but its not fun in a very humid and hot environment.

MessyHonda
07-05-2009, 10:54 PM
taking out the trans and replacing it when a rebuilt one then finding out the trans you installed would not shift into 3rd or 4th gear

A18A
07-05-2009, 11:10 PM
oh yeah installing auto gearboxes is never a fun thing

Tdurr
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
doing the head gasket job and hi pressurized ps line, and redoing every little vacuum in my car, i can probably redo all my vaccum lines in my sleep

omg so true. for a simple lil line it was a bitch.

but infinity J30(or wut ever they are) are 15x worse.
ask me how i kno....

LX-incredible
07-06-2009, 08:22 PM
PS line isn't that bad when you replace a few and figure out that bending the line is easier than removing the crossmember...

stezie
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
well i have my 3g 3 years now and about 4 months ago the front flap on my digital clock in the dash failed to return the flap fully so it never closed properly under its own steam... Well i had to go and get a flat headed screwdriver and pop that old clock out and pop in a new clock..... thats the worst thing i had to fix in my 3g.. not bad for a 21 year old car! lol :tongue:

to be fair its not a car i use every day.. and there is stuff i could be doing like an overhaul on the brakes and suspension.. and then there is always the rust on the rear arches, thats another thing that needs doing.

Ichiban
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
heheheheh!

-both rocker panels
-i'm sure there's more

Wow, a post from before I discovered the "shift" key.

To add to the list:

-Koni's and Eibach springs
-Endless amounts of sanding
-Full paint job
-Re+Re interior
-Re install hatch glass (what a major bitch!)
-Re+Re rear suspension and fuel tank, sandblast, paint (getting the fuel filler neck back in is a PITA)

2ndGenGuy
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Brake rotors on a 1gee.

beran24
07-15-2009, 06:04 PM
There has been alot of small things that never go good for me. But the worst was lower control arm bolts. Passenger side i cut the bottom one and the top one actually turned out. The drivers side cut the bottom and changed the bushing with the arm still on the car drilled all the rubber out then put a hack saw blade there the hole and sliced the metal sleave that was left from the bushing then tapped it out with a hammer and flat screw driver. Then pressed a new bushing in with a vice. I tried to start the top bolt and it wouldnt turn so i left it...

Another pain was the pedal box when i swapped from auto to 5 speed

Vanilla Sky
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
After working on a '92 Camaro, everything on the 3gee is a walk in the park. It's time consuming and tedious, but not complicated like that POS.

2ndGenGuy
07-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Swapping in a B20A into a car it never came in. Though I imagine it was a walk in the park compared to what Mike is going to have to do...

maka_RTH
07-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Most everything I've done hasn't been too bad. I may have had some hang-ups (like that fun bolt for the strut fork to lower control arm..., haha, I've had a few of them that were siezed), but overall things have always worked out and I could go back and do it fairly easily now. Swapping engines, swapping heads, trannies, rebuilding/re-gearing trannies, converting auto to 5spd, full suspension, full brakes (convert to 4-wheel disc), exhaust stuff, car audio stuff, pretty much anything. 3g Accords are fairly simple to work on.

sepulslaya
07-27-2009, 04:00 PM
lousy heater core.

Ichiban
07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Swapping in a B20A into a car it never came in. Though I imagine it was a walk in the park compared to what Mike is going to have to do...

Yeah, I already had to deal with that bellhousing. Tranny together and apart twice. Over ten hours of welding and machining, and still not sure it's right. Hope it doesn't leak or fry bearings once I get it together.

MessyHonda
07-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I already had to deal with that bellhousing. Tranny together and apart twice. Over ten hours of welding and machining, and still not sure it's right. Hope it doesn't leak or fry bearings once I get it together.

you got pics?

POS carb
07-28-2009, 06:10 PM
roaches...
...nuff said

-HiTMaN-
07-29-2009, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=jaiden;530940]Front suspension for me. The bottom bolt in the fork would NOT come out (yes, I have a 1400 ft lb air gun).

Ah that fork bolt. I remember putting in my suspension. The head of the bolt snapped, and the nut came off at some point. So i have been driving around for a solid 2 years with the remainder of the bolt seized with the bushing. Thats all that is holding together the left side of the lower portion of the suspension on my accord.

gotta get on that.

Rolin' Stock
07-29-2009, 04:34 PM
carborator adjustment....sounds simple...is simple...pain in the ass to get right...deffenently the worst thing i havent finished doing