PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Salvage Title

HondaSi88
08-10-2002, 05:28 PM
In my quest for another car I came across a 91 integra with 169k miles on it 2door blk RS 5speed. The whole front is missing meaning bumper,lights, and a new hood is needed! I offered the guy 400.00 and he tells me that the car was a insurance lost and has a salvage title.........I know this means that it was a total lost but would yall buy it?

dXsquared
08-10-2002, 05:44 PM
get a car fax account and then any car you see you can fax it and check it out.
Travis

HondaSi88
08-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Does anyone on here have a car fax account?

89AccordNate
08-10-2002, 09:13 PM
A salvage title means that it was totalled by the insurance company, meaning it costs more to fix the car then it was worth. Does it mean much? In some places it does, my car has a salvage title, but it means nothing to me since my car is in top condition now that it was fixed. If you can fix it, make it road worthy, prove its road worthy, it means nothing. It is a way for you to have a nice car for little to nothing if you know how to do some body work.

But then you get into issues with frame damage and other deep things. If you want to work ont he car, go for it, but if you want a perfect car, I would say No..you dont know how hard it got hit.

Nate.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-10-2002, 10:53 PM
well, i wouldent do it. with a salvage title in order to get it registered you need to go to a special inspection. at this inspection they make you show recipts for all new parts. the recipts must be in your name and all parts must be new, unless it said repair on the list. once you pay the 400, then all the money to get the parts, the money of having the shit painted, going to inspection and all that other shi, you minda well have just found another rs integra for about 1500-2000 that will come with a clean title. selling a car with a salvage title is a lot hardder the selling one with a clean title. the rs model is like the dx model