PDA

View Full Version : Now Problems installing HU :(

A Dawg Jr
07-05-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't have a harness, i'm just connecting them individually (I know). I had it up and running, everything seemed fine, had sound from all speakers, then as i was putting Deck into dash, it switched off. It still had power, because i could eject disk and put it back in. But there was no sound and the Face Plate didn't work. I checked wiring with

12v constant .....................white/yellow
12v accesory .....................yellow/red
12v ground ........................black
dimmer (lights) ...................red/black

Left front (+) .................... Blue/Green
Left front (-) .................... Grey/Black
Right front (+) .................. Red/Green
Right front (-) .................. Brown/Black
Left rear (+) ..................... Blue/Yellow
Left rear (-) ..................... Grey/White
Right rear (+) ................... Red/Yellow
Right rear (-) ................... Brown/White

And I had mixed up the 12v constant with 12v Accesory. Okay. Re-connected them correctly, but now I don't get any power to the HU at all, sound, and face plate doesn't work... I'm at a loss. I should have had it installed, but didn't want to pay 60 $$$ :sad2: Any help would be great. thanks

BTW - Main fuse box fuse is good, as is the one in the back of the deck

bucc
07-05-2005, 06:44 PM
check the one under the hood or the interior fuse. Not just the radio fuse.

A Dawg Jr
07-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Turns out that the Power Line was dead. The Acc was fine, that's why i could pull power from it.. I just spliced from the Cig Lighter power. Seems to work. :)

frankie89
07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
hey man this is just my opinion ok, i think you should go to walmart and pick up an accord harness its like 6 or 7 bucks, i tell ye this cuz i had it that way and some where down the line you could have a small fire. think about it, it will get hot inside that space behind the unit, and the elctrical tape will soften and slip off... i say this for safety reasons cuz i've been down that road, so its just what i think about the situation and for safety..