PDA

View Full Version : Stalling problem.

Shirako
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
I have an ambient heat related stalling issue, the car never stalled in the winter time but did it last summer and started again this summer, i'v replaced the cap,rotor,cables, plugs and air and fuel filters. I looked around the site and found similar problems but found no mention of a smell which I seem to have, a burning smell I cant pinpoint where its coming from, I can smell it both outside and inside the car. sometimes the car will stall just at random or it will just die when I let off the gas to take a turn or something, tonight it started to stall and I floored the gas and the car would surge with power, stop, surge again, if I keep my foot on the gas and let it do that the smell gets worse. Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is really beginning to bug me. :mad:

Oldblueaccord
07-06-2005, 01:56 AM
I have an ambient heat related stalling issue, the car never stalled in the winter time but did it last summer and started again this summer, i'v replaced the cap,rotor,cables, plugs and air and fuel filters. I looked around the site and found similar problems but found no mention of a smell which I seem to have, a burning smell I cant pinpoint where its coming from, I can smell it both outside and inside the car. sometimes the car will stall just at random or it will just die when I let off the gas to take a turn or something, tonight it started to stall and I floored the gas and the car would surge with power, stop, surge again, if I keep my foot on the gas and let it do that the smell gets worse. Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is really beginning to bug me. :mad:

Is the smell like rotten eggs?

If so your catilytic converter is plugged up and needs to be replaced.

wp

Shirako
07-06-2005, 03:08 AM
Not so much burning eggs, just a strange burning smell, its odd.

snow_man_20
07-06-2005, 04:19 AM
Not so much burning eggs, just a strange burning smell, its odd.

not burning eggs rotten eggs.

Shirako
07-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Eh, yeah thats what I meant, but it doesn't smell like that, it just smells like somethings burning.

Shirako
07-11-2005, 02:21 PM
My sister says it smells like burning fuel, could it just be vapor lock? I know I have no system pressure because my gas cap rotted off at the top where it screws on to...but it was doing this before the cap came completely off.