PDA

View Full Version : How do I: fix speedometer and odometer and take off door panels on an 87 accord?

u5711
08-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Questions are just as the subject states. The speedometer and odometer(I think this is the miles, no?) don't move/work at all. As for the door panel, I can get the easy "snap" connectors undone but the side where the handle on the inside is is connected some other way and I've tried to pull really hard but there has to be something else I need to do as this won't budge it. Thanks for any help :)

A20A1
08-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Hmm... the speedometer cable comes off the transmission near the passenger side firewall... and connects to the guage cluster inside the car.
You'll have to remove the guage cluster to unhook the connector at the back... it sort of clips into place. I don't however remember how to remove the cluster cause I no longer have a dash.

the cable for the speedometer exits the fire wall on the passenger side of the car, near the brake fluid.

you can follow the cable to the transmission an you will see a rubber boot... pull the rubber boot up the cable to expose a metal clip in the shape of te letter "C"... the clip slides out sideways and the cable pulls right out.

ACCORD EX
08-11-2002, 01:28 AM
to remove the cluster ! pry out the plastic cover on the top of the dash near the windshield and unscrew 2 screws there ! and the other screwsare under the switches ( sunroof , mirrors , pop up lights ) not sure how many are they and under which switches ! to remove the switch just use a flat screw driver !

MIKE