PDA

View Full Version : Anybody replaced thier rear window??

BlueBead
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm swapping my windows for the tinted ones in my parts car and wanted to know if anyone had swapped a rear window b4 and could tell me how difficult and how long the job would be...
I've been procrastinating because I want the rear window in with the rest of the tint, but I have no idea how hard its going to be.
Lemme Know!

gp02a0083
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
done it with a hatchie , but thats probally alot easier than the normal sedans

Hash_man_Se_i
07-08-2005, 12:06 PM
IMO... youd be better off just tinting the non tinted window. Reaplacing one of our back windows would not be easy.

2drSE-i
07-08-2005, 12:22 PM
ive completely taken out my back side windows......but i put them back in....its really easy, but the back window i would DEFINATELY have professionally done

YK86
07-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I love tackling things myself but the windshield and rear glass are one of the few things I would totally leave up to the pros. There are so many things you need to do perfectly to have it come out of the donor car in good clean form and also seal properly in the new car. It's a bit too much hassle just so you can save $100 or whatever it costs to get the rear glass redone.

POS carb
07-11-2005, 02:42 PM
I've never done it but it doesn't look hard it's just you need to get the proper glue or you're in for a world of headaches.
Download Paul's shop manual, it explains everything (I think it says use piano wire to gut the glue or something!!)
Or call one of those auto glass repair places that go to your house and ask them how much to intall it.
Hell if you have a parts car practice on that! lol