PDA

View Full Version : THese aint your daddy's yo yo's

MarioBurke
07-07-2005, 08:43 PM
so it been a while and i am sure that some of you are prolly wondering to yourselfs, its been a while since I have seen anything come from Mario. I wonder what the crazy ________ is up to now!?!?! well it had been a little bit of a frustration lately because I just graduated Wyotech and had to move back home and i am in so much debt I cannot really do much. But I thought i might go ahead and spill the beans. so here is the preview of the new project.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/marioburke/itshott3.jpg

hmm whats that?!? not good enough for you!! want to see the whole thing??

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/marioburke/itshott2.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/marioburke/itshott.jpg

you never know what i will do next?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/marioburke/itshott6.jpg

shit i couldn't resist at 14lbs a piece. Somebody stop me!

catalin
07-07-2005, 08:46 PM
How about you build a manifold and sell it to me..

SQ is the SQUAD
07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
those are the dam rims i wanted, did you get them from ebay?

mr eff
07-07-2005, 09:38 PM
are those what slipstreams are a knockoff of? i am not really a rim junkie (shoe horse?), so just correct me if i'm wrong!

Rendon LX-i
07-07-2005, 10:07 PM
DAMN man i hate u mario lol. Im gonna get those rims to but anyway. Damn thats a nice turbo what is that Looks like a T25 TD04 Correct me if im wrong. Is that a Prob intercooler? lol Cuz My turbo looks just like that..Congrats man. U prolly get your setup UP before me but its all good. NICE

yeah i pretty sure those are the Rota slipstreams

MarioBurke
07-07-2005, 10:34 PM
How about you build a manifold and sell it to me..

im not goona build a manifold yet. I am gonna go a rear motor turbo first to see if it works. there are various reason behind this I do not feel like discussing at the moment. if that doenst work out the way i want it to, i will start the manifold and remember to make two.

Hondatec - yes they are from ebay

Mr eff - they are the Nippon F2's i wouldnt call them knockoffs because they are just as light as the slipstreams, but yes they are knockoffs of the slipstreams

Rendon - lol im sorry you feel that way. I cant help myself though. actually it is from a 1st gen eclipse so correct me if I am wrong its the 14g or b which is bigger than the T25? AND that thing IS the intercooler its just a side mount

Hash_man_Se_i
07-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Looks awesome... I can;t wait to see the wheels on your car, they should look awesome... 15"??

And im very interested to see your turbo setup... so many people going turbo now, lol.

Rendon LX-i
07-07-2005, 10:42 PM
yeah this its the same as mine. TD04 14b Nice choice. how much those wheels cost u shipped an all

MarioBurke
07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Looks awesome... I can;t wait to see the wheels on your car, they should look awesome... 15"??

And im very interested to see your turbo setup... so many people going turbo now, lol.

yes they are 15's. im sure they will match well with the rest of the black bumper drifter as my friends so call it now. lol im interested to see how my turbo set up will be too. im hoping i wake up and it put itself together personally.

Rendon - it was 405.79 with tax and shipping without tires. of course tax was more expensive for california 8.5%

Busted_Blue
07-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Nice rims..

Nippon, Slipstream...they BOTH are knockoffs for the Spoon SW388.

Actually...Spoons ones are 11lbs each for the 15inch model and should be the same for the replicas too.

Turbo..looks nice. I haven't seen your car in awhile, last time I saw it was too long ago. I was stock.. (Still stock actually, haha)

NXRacer
07-08-2005, 07:04 AM
nice project mario! I'm thinking that you might want to get a bigger turbo if you're doing the rear mount turbo because you're gonna need to boost a lot more then if it was right up front.

cant wait to see how it turns out.

MarioBurke
07-08-2005, 08:13 AM
for a rear motor turbo? no i wont need a bigger turbo. Im not talking about a porsche turbo where the turbo is at the back of the car and dumps out on the ground. I am talking about just behind the motor. wont take that much more air to spool the turbo and the charged air wont have as far to travel to the intake. on top of that it wont take that long to spool because of the aluminum flywheel makes a world of differents in Revving. It should be able to spool in half the time a normal turbo car would.

Cheeseburger
07-08-2005, 08:18 AM
cant wait to see when ur done,ur car is going to be sweet

88accordhb
07-08-2005, 10:32 AM
damn, you really never do know wat mario is cookin up. hehe nice bro.

Justin86
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
nice a rear mount would be cool and cheaper, the only prob I see with them is the lag.
good luck though. ;)

MarioBurke
07-08-2005, 03:57 PM
nice a rear mount would be cool and cheaper, the only prob I see with them is the lag.
good luck though. ;)

yes but that is why i have the aluminum flywheel. the motor spins up to 6 thousand much quicker than with the stock flywheel. I dont think there will be much lag and according to the Tuner magazine the rear motor produced higher numbers than the front turbo.

3gmodifier
07-08-2005, 04:20 PM
hell yeah, thats exactly how i am going to mount my turbo aswell. i got a lot of negative support by doughtfull people but when you talk about it, it's cool. what ever, it's cool to see some one else with my same idea. right on cant wait to see how you go about the project.

bobafett
07-08-2005, 08:07 PM
yeah if a rear mounted turbo needs more air, then a SMALLER turbo would be better, to make spooling faster, and decrease lag, but the 14b is a good choice... its pretty well matched to our engines.. they are fine on dsms (2.0) up to 7000rpm, which means it will always be happy on an accord (up to 15 psi ish i would guess)

good luck mario, i'd love to see this all finished up

Slipknotcraig133
07-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Geez i wanted those same wheels but white. I wanted them just because they are light. Nice turbo set up as well.

maxoutracer
07-10-2005, 12:48 AM
looking good!!!

88Accord-DX
07-10-2005, 01:47 AM
What are your plans now that you've graduated from Wyo-tech?

MarioBurke
07-10-2005, 11:36 AM
yeah if a rear mounted turbo needs more air, then a SMALLER turbo would be better, to make spooling faster, and decrease lag, but the 14b is a good choice... its pretty well matched to our engines.. they are fine on dsms (2.0) up to 7000rpm, which means it will always be happy on an accord (up to 15 psi ish i would guess)

good luck mario, i'd love to see this all finished up

yeah i figured it would be a good set up to go with. now i just need to get all the other equipment to go with it. and a good cam too.

Slipknot - yes the rims are sweet. whites cool but my car has a gunmetal and flat black theme!

maxoutracer - thank you

ddude - right now I am starting off at a dealership In my hometown (Ford/Dodge/Honda) as a lube tech for a couple months. then I am moving up. my goal is to work for two or three years then come back and either take the BMW or Porsche school. Or actually go back to the Wyotech school and teach becase all my teachers loved me and I was one of the top students.

AccordEpicenter
07-11-2005, 06:55 AM
that is a DSM T25 made by garrett. For under 10psi itll work fine and spool FASSTTT, it is a little turbo. DSM sidemounts work pretty good too... this would be a a pretty good setup to run 7-9psi, if you wanted to run more, id suggest upgrading.

Forgar_88
07-12-2005, 04:59 PM
can you all say ZOOM!!! nice man, really nice

mr eff
07-27-2005, 08:03 PM
what are you using for engine management? this has really sparked my interest in turbocharging the car.

as far as differences between front-mounted and this, is it just the manifold and intake piping? how does the exhaust enter a rear-mounted turbo ... would you have to build something custom to go up into the engine, or does the thing sit low enough that it's in line with stock piping?

my apologies if these are stupid questions, but if i were to boost my car it would be a small charge (under 10psi) and this set-up makes sense with all the space behind the motor.

thanks in advance for clarification!

edit: i understand that you wouldn't use stock exhaust piping, i'm trying to conceptualize is all. would you still want 3" or would you rather have smaller diameter?

superaccord
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM
so the rims are knockoffs of knockoffs? hmm...the slipstreams are knock offs of the spoon wheels. At any rate. I like them...Keep up the hard work.

bboipinoy112
10-02-2005, 02:03 PM
yo MB... whats good with errthing ? hows the project going ? hows life after wyotech? just interested in life after wyotech because me myself...... (a drop out and finally studied my ass off and recieved my high school diploma ..... .. LAST NIGHT :smokin: ) wants to start going to wyotech ASAP... so yeeaaaaaa :rockon: UPDATE US BRO !

MarioBurke
10-02-2005, 04:20 PM
well the turbo project is on hold at the moment until i get this other car fixed painted and sold. Then I gotta wait till rainy season is over because i just bought a Kawasaki 636. Gonna paint that gun Metal to match the car also. once the rain is over i can ride the bike again and start tearing apart my car for Turbo. as for life after Wyotech I am working at the Ford Dealership here at home in Redding. the truth of the matter is no one cares for the fact that you went to school. they are always going to give the crappiest job and you will have to work your way up. But with your knowledge and experience from school you can impress your supervisors, as i have done, with your knowledge. I think Wyotech was well worth it. unfortunately it does not determine your position when looking for a job. but education plus determination will help move you up real quick...