PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for a 3gee owner

carfreak
07-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Well I haven't posted for a while but I got some bad news. First of all my car had gotten broken into 3 times since I’ve moved to Eugene, Or. On the third try of breaking into my car they decided they wanted the car as well. So they tore apart the ignition and steering column just so they could go for a joyride and steal my radio as well.

Well after 3 days the police found the car and the car was towed to a pound and then was picked up by my insurance for appraisal. Well after taking a look at the steering column they said the damage exceeds the worth of the car. My car is now totaled. Insurance will only give me $1200 for the car and $75 for the rims and muffler even though I paid $1000 total for both.

I don’t know what to do. They said I could get the car back for $100 and still get the $1200, but the steering column and ignition is screwed up so I would have to pay for towing. I also don’t know where I could store it because I can’t move it once they put it somewhere. I'm so pissed.

So is there anyone here in Eugene or nearby that has a car they want to sell (no 3g plz, don’t want to go through this again) for around 2 grand?

Man this sucks, I was supposed to be saving my money up for college next term and now this happens.

Well if you want to see what my car used to look like here is a link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/501608 (my car)
:sigh:

mag_pbg
07-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Man don't give up on her, junkyard man every 3gee owners heaven lol, those are easy to mild fixes, hell for $100 and the extra $1200 you could easily pay for it to be towed and a new ignition put in it and still have a good chunk of change left over.

truetune
07-08-2005, 08:44 PM
yep or buy it back for $100 take the 1200 and sell your MSD and goodies on Ibay make back the 1000 and then sell the car or fix it and sell it.

lostforawhile
07-09-2005, 08:12 PM
get your money get the car towed home and check on the site for a parts car you can get the colum off of. there are always parts cars on here. thats why they make agreed value insurance. i don't think you can get that if you have it totaled, you might though because there is no body damage. if you want to check on liks to insurers that will cover our cars that way go to the thisoldhonda.org site they have links for insurers that will cover our cars for agreed value.

TheWatcher
07-09-2005, 10:22 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=20259

you always have the option of buying the car back... some insurance companies will charge you as little as 100 dollars, while others can charge considerably more... at this point you'll have to realize that your car is now "salvage" and will have to be re-registered as salvage... you also have to take into account that now, with a salvage title, your car will be worth close to nothing... some insurance companies will not insure a salvaged car....
You should check with you local insurance agent. It might be better to buy another 3g. Then you won't have to worry about the insurance problem(s). 3gs are cheap, since you had an LX, why not use this opportunity to get a LX-i? :)

Peace.

carfreak
07-10-2005, 12:18 AM
i would love to but my car has already gotten broken into 3 times in the last 4 months. the 3g is just too easy for them to brake into and its really starting to piss me off

86AccordLxi
07-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Check out eugene.craigslist.org for some cars, or the eugenestreetscene forum. I can't believe you've had that many problems in Eugene, though I know that car theft is becoming/has become an epidemic. I work at Public Safety at the UO and we get a lot of people who've had their 3g accords stolen. I know I worry about my car getting jacked all the time when I'm there. Good luck, Carfreak.

Alex