PDA

View Full Version : tails

lostforawhile
07-09-2005, 01:41 PM
i've been reading through old posts about my tails i was making, i didn't realize how much y'all liked those tails. i still have all the parts for making them i just didn't finish them because all the ricers started masking off their lights to make them look round. now that a lot of the clear light craze and such has died i might finish them. thanks for all the support. i did finish the bumper lights though. got to look for the parts remember these? http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/fcb003dd.jpg

gp02a0083
07-09-2005, 08:09 PM
:repost: looks liek what im tryin to do

gfrg88
07-09-2005, 09:00 PM
hows that a "repost" :dunno: hes talking about an old project he was doing but never got to finish it and was askin people if they remember it..... :stupid:

Slipknotcraig133
07-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Looks good man. I wanted to do something with circles on my tails but i didnt want to tear it all apart and mess it up and have it look weird. I just want to get another set of hatch tails some time and make a tight set. So instead i just painted mine black with that transparent paint stuff.

lostforawhile
07-10-2005, 12:56 PM
i was thinking about finishing the project now that some of the ricer clear lights have died out. thats why i reposted it if i decide to redo this project i will make sure i take lots of pictures and do a how to. the round lamps take a little of the boxy look out of the hatch. i did do my euro fog lamps in the bumper and it's not too bad of a project. is anyone interested in that? does anyone remember that ugly ass nissan station wagon from the eighties? i think it was a stanza, it had lights mounted in the sides of the rear bumper? i'm trying to remember wha it was because thats what the doner lights came off of. they have to be modified but the housings are the right angle to fit the rear bumper. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/78002.bmp i have grills on mine but if you leave the grills off they look just like the euro accord lights . we are having fun right now called dennis http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/pics_water-on-road.jpg

Cheeseburger
07-10-2005, 01:04 PM
hey i remember seeing ur thread on these tails, they look nice

2drSE-i
07-10-2005, 09:28 PM
if u made them and sold them u cud make a fortune lol

lostforawhile
07-10-2005, 09:43 PM
i had thought about it but they are such a pain in the ass to make i would never make any money. this was in the developmental stage when i put it on hold. if i had a plastic molding machine to make the lenses and people to make the parts for me but it's way too much work for one person. companies like apc have all their parts made over seas in sweat shops they just assemble them here. all they have to do is send the dimensions to a mold maker and the molds are cnc cut then they send the dies out to have the lenses cast. a single die can cost upwards of 100000 dollars. it's hard to make anything cheap enough to sell. i have to bend each lens with about a dozen c clamps and a heat gun then cut each one. it's a long process

2drSE-i
07-11-2005, 12:08 PM
damn sounds like it