PDA

View Full Version : ugh water damage

lostforawhile
07-10-2005, 01:20 PM
ok what am i forgetting when i go to repair this water damage? i was trying to go see my wife at the hospital and all the roads are severly flooded because of dennis. i got water about two inches deep in the car, i know i'll have to swap out the computer i've got several of those,no big deal,i was going to replace the carpet anyway, i'll pull it out so it doesn't smell like a wet shoe in there, seats are all right no damage, i guess pull the quarters out and vaccume out the water, where are all the drain holes? i am going to check them for plugging. i think i remember but want to make sure..oh yea bleed the brakes in case water got in there, didn't see any water in the oil was worried about the pcv hose letting it in.

Vanilla Sky
07-10-2005, 02:54 PM
check the trans oil for water, and if you are still equipped with power steering, check that, too. that's all i can really think of. sucks to hear about flooding the car, though.

Cheeseburger
07-10-2005, 03:38 PM
that must really suck

FyreDaug
07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
There are drain holes everywhere, just rubber things, stick a flat head screwdriver in the side and pry up, its pretty simple. Sorry to hear though

lostforawhile
07-11-2005, 04:15 AM
yea i'll be alright we had so much water down by my house that a cop was pushing his car down the street up to his chest in water.no major damage to my car,i'll just swap computers,had to take the carpet out anyway. some gut landed in that with one of those aircleaners down by the ground and sucked up a bunch of water into his engine. was a ricer with a big wing too.

snow_man_20
07-11-2005, 04:55 AM
sucks, that's all a 3g needs is a salt water bath.

lostforawhile
07-11-2005, 06:51 PM
fresh water-it's been raining here almost every day for a month then when the ground can't take anymore here comes dennis with 12 inches of rain an hour look under off topic at dennis visits moultrie no major damage, everyone else who hit that water stalled out or had to have their car towed, mine kept right on running. i think there is a fish in my computer now.

Cheeseburger
07-11-2005, 06:57 PM
thats sucks bro, but the most important thing is that u are ok, things can be replaced but ur life cant, so be safe man

lostforawhile
07-11-2005, 07:02 PM
i'll have to email you some pics photopinto butchered mine

Cheeseburger
07-11-2005, 07:03 PM
ok thats cool

2drSE-i
07-11-2005, 09:17 PM
speaking of being ok, hows ur wife?

and were do u live?

lostforawhile
07-12-2005, 02:33 AM
she's doing better she's home now. moultrie GA look under off topic i put some pictures of the damage from dennis in there,and that wasn't even direct damage.

snow_man_20
07-12-2005, 04:20 AM
oh, i see. the news said alot of the coastal flooding was saltwater. because of the high winds blowing the ocean water on land.

lostforawhile
07-12-2005, 04:21 PM
just lots and lots of rain what makes me mad is i hit that lake in the middle of the intersection because the city blocked off three sides of it and left one side open in the dark where you couldn't see it. then i had to back out because the barricades wouldn't let you go forward. stupid dumbass city workers.