PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a hydraulic clutch conversion for the b series swap?

Accordtheory
07-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't know if that is worth doing, but with the difficulty I seem to be having in finding an ls tranny, I won't turn down a hydraulic one. So has anyone done the hydraulic clutch conversion?

88LXi68
07-11-2005, 06:10 AM
if you can find me a b16 or b17 tranny i'll give you my LS cable that has NO grinds.

ICEMAN707
10-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Just buy the Hasport Hydraulic Clutch Conversion. All it is is a passenger side mount for the transmission and a lever assembly to actuate the hydro clutch using the stock cable. All you need is the lever assembly since the mount is meant for EF and EK Civics and would be useless on the 3gee. See if Hasport can just sell the lever assembly. That should bring the price down some, since the Hydro Clutch Conversion with the mount is about $300.

On another note, I remember hearing about Hasport making an H22 swap kit for the 88-91 EF Civic/CRX's. So the Hydro Clutch Conversion lever assembly (minus the mount, of course) for that too would solve the H22 hydro tranny problem should you decide to do an H22 swap in the 3gee. Ask them if they have that available yet.

Accordtheory
10-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Shit, I could just make that lever, but that's not how I do things..if im going to put in a hydro tranny, I'm going to put in the rest of the hydraulics too..I just wanted to know how hard it is to do the pedal assembly. Right now I have a totally Fucked ls cable tranny, so I still need to figure this out

ICEMAN707
10-02-2005, 11:45 AM
If you really wanna do it the hard way, I guess the 4gee accord's hydro clutch setup could work. Might have to modify the hard lines a bit here and there, modify the firewall and clutch pedal, but it could work. Just remember not to use clamps to connect cut hard lines if you cut them, brazing and welding is the only way. No rubber hoses in the lines either. Must be ALL hard lines. These lines run under heavy pressure 4x more than your oil pressure so it's important to be on the safe side.