PDA

View Full Version : New owner, new poster, new member

Willmeister1
07-10-2005, 10:44 PM
87 Accord LX, with old brown grandpa interior, 286,800 miles on it and a 30,000 mile imported engine? I just bought it, know jack shit and don't know how to check stuff. I had some questions and figured this was the place to go. Does the leak-stopper oil add ins actually stop minor leaks? My driver side front wheel area is making a sound that speeds up when the car is going faster, kinda like if there was something sticking out of the tire and touching the inside with each revolution. Any ideas? Finally, how do I check and see if the engine has been replaced and on how to tell what kind of engine it is? (Later on I will be asking how to fix my a/c) It's good to be a member.-Willie

Willmeister1
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM
87 Accord LX, with old brown grandpa interior, 286,800 miles on it and a 30,000 mile imported engine? I just bought it, know jack shit and don't know how to check stuff. I had some questions and figured this was the place to go. Does the leak-stopper oil add ins actually stop minor leaks? My driver side front wheel area is making a sound that speeds up when the car is going faster, kinda like if there was something sticking out of the tire and touching the inside with each revolution. Any ideas? Finally, how do I check and see if the engine has been replaced and on how to tell what kind of engine it is? (Later on I will be asking how to fix my a/c) It's good to be a member.-Willie