PDA

View Full Version : This H4 conversion wins my approval

POS carb
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I purchaced some H4 housings to hook up some HIDs my buddy lent me but since I didn't do my reasearch I have to wait until the adapters get here to plug the HID bulbs in... plus one of his bulbs are screwed up and arc at the base
So for now I hooked up the regular h4 55/60 watt bulbs it brought and I must say I am glad I bought these.
I had Sylvania Silverstars and while the silverstars were whiter light, these have a comparable illumination but they have a very defined cutoff line in low beam mode and a regular full spread in high beam mode. Good lighting for the money.

The item is called
200mm H6054 H4 EURO CONVERSION HEADLIGHTS KIT from ebayer "rimiinc"
and it is made by Autopal

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/21/dd/9a_1_b.JPG

new HID bulbs and H4 adaptors are on their way, hopefully I'll be blinding everyone by this week
:rockon:

NXRacer
07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
NIce i need new headlights. Those look like just what i need.

now if my bank wasnt overdrawn by $300+ . . . . . .

snoopyloopy
07-11-2005, 04:31 PM
ahh, so those are a worthwhile buy.

POS carb
07-11-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah they're pretty decent, the spread is a nice flat line with an upward angle to the right so each low beam looks like this on a wall: ___/
so you can put it at a street legal level and still see the stop signs and the high beams are just as good as the silverstar beams

3gn86lxi
07-11-2005, 05:43 PM
I just got those today! Funny, DHL delivered on time too. Yay. :lol:
I am going to get Raybrig bulbs for these lights. That should be pretty bright.

ICEMAN707
07-11-2005, 09:43 PM
yeah those actually look engineered like the Hella brands. with refractors on the glass lenses themselves. not those other cheap shits on eBay.

3gn86lxi
07-11-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah those actually look engineered like the Hella brands. with refractors on the glass lenses themselves. not those other cheap shits on eBay.
When I got mine today, I was looking at them and saw they don't have the metal refractors in them. I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be or not. My Hella's in my truck have the refractors in them. Weird.
I can't wait to install them.........waiting for my pant job to be finished. :sad2:

Busted_Blue
07-11-2005, 10:16 PM
autopal is similar to the hella design and produce similar results to hella. I just bought hella because I knew I was going to get a great product. How is the product ryan?

I'm pretty sure it produced similar results like my pics here:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Busted%20Maxout/IMG_5106Small.jpg

SteveDX89
07-12-2005, 02:29 AM
I have a similar set of lights and am quite pleased. They are Autopal lenses as well but they don't have the ridges on the lense. The bulbs I have make them look like HID's. Nice thing about the Autopal's is the lenses are glass instead of cheapo plastic. Mine don't leak either so that's always a good thing.

Cheeseburger
07-12-2005, 07:37 AM
those sound and look good, how much do those run for?

SteveDX89
07-12-2005, 08:15 AM
those sound and look good, how much do those run for?

I paid $40 for the set for mine. Included the housings and bulbs.

Cheeseburger
07-12-2005, 09:04 AM
thats not bad man, about the same as those ebay ones, and there prob better

3gn86lxi
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
How is the product ryan?

I havn't got mine in yet D:/ Still working on the paint. They are much better quality than the usual h4 convesion ones. But I wouldn't say they are Hella quality though.
Still look good in the box!

w00tw00t111
07-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I havn't got mine in yet D:/ Still working on the paint. They are much better quality than the usual h4 convesion ones. But I wouldn't say they are Hella quality though.
Still look good in the box!
I know that normally when you do a HID conversion you also convert to making your housing to use projectors. The reason for these I am told is b/c it will not let the light "scatter" and have no direction or magnification towards the road. Are you planning to convert these housing into taking projectors? If not why? Thanks

3gn86lxi
07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I know that normally when you do a HID conversion you also convert to making your housing to use projectors. The reason for these I am told is b/c it will not let the light "scatter" and have no direction or magnification towards the road. Are you planning to convert these housing into taking projectors? If not why? Thanks
I wish I could afford to do a true hid conversion, but no....I am just going to use h4 bulbs and use the lights that way. I think that these are by far the highest quality next to the Hella conversion out there.

POS carb
07-20-2005, 12:12 PM
I JB welded the D2S HID bulbs to an H4 adaptor (with shield) and the beam is good. I'm sure I can focus it a bit better with some shims but for now they really light up the road and every freakin reflector around, not too much scatter into the trees like most aftermarket kits

dj mackee
08-08-2005, 07:21 PM
are these street legal?