PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Not Working...

my89accord
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
:sad2: I was wondering if anyone else has been able to fix this common problem. I have had my car since about November and the cruise has never worked. My horn works and the light on the button on the left side of the dash works if you turn it on. You can hit set/resume all day long and you don't even get the light in the dash. I have checked for vaccume leaks and there isn't any. I have checked my fuses and they are all fine. I would like to get it working, but don't know where to start. I was thinking either the control unit or the speed regulator is bad. I have heard that the set/resume switches could also be the problem. Anyone have any advice on where to start to test the problem? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Cant Stop
07-17-2005, 10:37 AM
me too! i changed the switch on the dash and nothing,
ive been told i need to replace the unit under the hood

88eyeguy
07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
one common cause is the brake light switch. if it is improperly adjusted, then the cruise control will never engage. the cruise control is set once you set it with the dash board switch and steering wheel switch, but it only egages when there is no pressure on the brake pedal. that was the problem with the cruise control on my accord. i'd check that first, since it's pretty quick to try, and a cheap fix, too.

my89accord
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I will try and take a look at the system to determine the problem.