PDA

View Full Version : main relay

rocky2
08-11-2002, 04:52 AM
How about a how-to on a main relay with pics and instructions,location, ect. thanks

anchovies
08-12-2002, 12:23 AM
hmmm...there's nothing to it..
just take it off...or unplug it and put in the new one...getting access to the bolt tht holds the main relay is difficult..so just unplug the socket and put the new relay somewhr else
the main relay is under the driver side dash
u should be able to see it if u remove the fuse cover or from under the dash
it's mounted on the driver fender
sorry don't have pic

GreenMachine
08-18-2002, 02:26 PM
If you are wondering how to test it the haynes manual pretty much explains how to test it

DBMaster
08-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Chovies, that's exactly what I did. I got the bolt out to remove the original relay. I tried for something like 30 minutes to get the new relay bolted in and finally gave up. I removed the bracket from the new relay and relocated it.

Damn assembly line guys must have bolted the thing in before the dash was installed. I got quite a few scrapes trying to put the new one where the old one was!

anchovies
08-20-2002, 09:27 PM
yeap got that trick from carotman i think
i couldn't even get to the old bracket off
So i just tape the new relay onto something under there
wth's gonna look under the dash eh

Coitis1
08-23-2002, 12:36 PM
hey i don't have the manual cause i'm a poor bastard. could u tell me how to test to see if the relay needs replaced.

AZmike
10-03-2002, 09:04 AM
If your car has trouble starting, especially when it's hot out it's more than likely it's your main relay going bad and you should replace it. A new one is about $35 at your local parts store, but they might have to order it. I'm having those problems too. I figured it would be hard enough to pull the old one and test it that I'd be better off to just spend the money and see if it solves my problem.

smufguy
10-05-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Coitis1
hey i don't have the manual cause i'm a poor bastard. could u tell me how to test to see if the relay needs replaced.

http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

the guy who has the website is Paul Aerodukk from our 3g forum. He worked soo hard and put an original Honda shop manual for free to download. U be a good bastard and download it. :lol