PDA

View Full Version : After all that work...

raygv
07-12-2005, 11:39 AM
All that time and money I put into my little car can be taken away so fast by an idiot who ran a stop sign and slammed into me and then tried to take off. He had no liscense and no insurance. I've got only liability but I think I have uninsured driver coverage I have to wait and see what the adjuster says. ironic thing was it was a 4g accord that hit me.
I dont know what to do.
I had my car towed back home I spent so much money to just have some junk yard give me 50 bucks for it. but I dont know how much it would take to have all the damage fixed. the hit impacted the front passenger wheel area. I spent a good 3000 just since april on all new parts done by professionals. the NEW axle and NEW CV Joints that I just replaced a 6 weeks ago are gone. the wheel is hanging on barely to I dont know what. the fender and bumper and door are all history. I'm wondering how hard it is to try to do at least some of this work myself. especially since I'm inexperienced on working on cars. does anyone know if it would be worth fixing. I've put so much into it I can't stand to let it go, but I can't really afford to have a body shop do all the repairs at my cost.

Oldblueaccord
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
All that time and money I put into my little car can be taken away so fast by an idiot who ran a stop sign and slammed into me and then tried to take off. He had no liscense and no insurance. I've got only liability but I think I have uninsured driver coverage I have to wait and see what the adjuster says. ironic thing was it was a 4g accord that hit me.
I dont know what to do.
I had my car towed back home I spent so much money to just have some junk yard give me 50 bucks for it. but I dont know how much it would take to have all the damage fixed. the hit impacted the front passenger wheel area. I spent a good 3000 just since april on all new parts done by professionals. the NEW axle and NEW CV Joints that I just replaced a 6 weeks ago are gone. the wheel is hanging on barely to I dont know what. the fender and bumper and door are all history. I'm wondering how hard it is to try to do at least some of this work myself. especially since I'm inexperienced on working on cars. does anyone know if it would be worth fixing. I've put so much into it I can't stand to let it go, but I can't really afford to have a body shop do all the repairs at my cost.

SUE SUE SUE

thats all yu can do :werd:

didnt mean for that to rime

wp

A20A1
07-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Do you have pics of the damage?

raygv
07-12-2005, 01:28 PM
I took pictures but I dont know how to post them.

Ludi Mali
07-12-2005, 01:47 PM
definately sue the guy. It might not pay off now, but if he doesn't pay they will put a lean on anything he owns, so he won't be able to sell his car our house(doubt he has one) or get loans for anything and his credit will be messed up until he pays you.

raygv
07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I made a flickr account and I posted the pictures. I dont know if they will work

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12974611@N00/

TheWatcher
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I would say at least have a body shop (and/or mechanic) look at it. If the frame is bent, just let it die. With a bent frame, it will be dangerous to drive and too expensive to fix (cheaper to just get another 3g, then to fix a bent frame. Plus it will never be the same). If the frame isn't bent, then you can decide whether you want to try to save it. I can't tell from the pics you posted, since they probably hit your tire tire/suspension head on.

Hope that helps. If you do let her go, make sure to strip off all the good parts like konis, dc sport strut bar, etc.

I hope you can get some relief in court, but a guy w/o insurance probably is broke, so it might be like trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Sorry for you loss.

Peace.

Vanilla Sky
07-12-2005, 04:25 PM
i'd like to think that it's more suspension and body damage than frame damage. see if you can get that fender off and that wheel off. really get a good look and take out a tape measure. that's the only way you'll know that it's not farked up.

how fast was the other drvier going at time of impact? oh, and where are you located?

raygv
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
the driver was actually at a stop sign but not looking at oncomming traffic. he must have floored it right as I was passing him to hit me so hard. I know so becasue I heard his wheels screeching as he was turning onto the street. I live in Fresno CA. Luckily I found out that my insurance policy had uninsured motorist coverage so it looks like I'll get a pay out. how much is yet to be detirmined but I hope I at least recover 75% of what I put into it. It doest matter any how. I've already bought another 3G.... a 3G toyota camry for under $2K. not as much fun but I can't really be choosey.

PikesPeak3G
07-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Even though the situation sucks, the ride can either be fixed or replaced, at least your alright to tells us about it. A member lost in an accident is irraplaceable, sorry about the ride, glad your ok.