PDA

View Full Version : japanese lisence plates... yay or gay?

AccordEpicenter
07-12-2005, 08:49 PM
I was thinking about getting a set of japanese lisence plates, and run one in the front and the other on the back at the track or somthing... What do you guys think... is it cool or is it gay?

3gn86lxi
07-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I was thinking about getting a set of japanese lisence plates, and run one in the front and the other on the back at the track or somthing... What do you guys think... is it cool or is it gay?
It's cool, I just had a thread bout em.
If I can find one cheap enough, I am getting one.

Hash_man_Se_i
07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
I think its cool if you have lots of japanese parts.. so i dunno... looks really dumb on some cars though... and remember yellow plates look cool, but are for kei cars.

3gn86lxi
07-12-2005, 09:39 PM
I think its cool if you have lots of japanese parts.. so i dunno... looks really dumb on some cars though... and remember yellow plates look cool, but are for kei cars.
......kei??????.......

Blue Impact
07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
YAY!! Get JDM plates for a Domestic. LOL.

smufguy
07-12-2005, 11:35 PM
......kei??????.......

kei or K cars are cars that carry a special plate in Japan. They are cars that come under a lower body weight. a suzuki Cappaccino is one such car.

AccordEpicenter
07-13-2005, 12:10 AM
yeah i have a hookup in japan, i might have him look for other stuff for me as well... but i doubt he will have the time. Hopefully he can get me somthing really nasty, like an R32-R34 skyline, NSX R, or some kind of heavily modded supra ;)

88accordalltheway
07-13-2005, 12:23 AM
why dont you just ebay em? there all over there(even though the jap ones are a bit pricy compared to other euro ones)

AccordEpicenter
07-13-2005, 09:31 AM
for a pair of good jap plates some guys wanted $60 for them... thats wayyy too much

Cheeseburger
07-13-2005, 10:06 AM
i say, YAY get them

i can get them for $50 bucks and they are in Excellent condition

smufguy
07-13-2005, 11:59 AM
they are not bad, but for states with front and rear plates, like NJ, VA and NY for example, we are pretty much left with no choice. These PA and NC, guys have it all, bastards :(

HostileJava
07-13-2005, 12:35 PM
they are not bad, but for states with front and rear plates, like NJ, VA and NY for example, we are pretty much left with no choice. These PA and NC, guys have it all, bastards :(

Why thank you :rolleyes: . BTW i think it's kinda a gay idea for the track to switch the rear plate out, but the front plate idea is kinda neat if your state doesn't require a front plate.

diegoaccord
07-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Being that I am into the JDM theme:

YAY!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/diegoaccord/car_0282.jpg

Versanick
07-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Yay. Don't pay too much. Even beat up ones are cool.

Versanick
07-13-2005, 06:24 PM
And let me know when you go to the track. I go to school at UB and my car is in Binghamton, but I may take it up to Buffalo at some point for periods of time (here in Binghamton for winter though).. we should hang out.

-Paul

frankie89
07-13-2005, 07:52 PM
im wit da yay crowd, cuz i need a cool front plate..

2drSE-i
07-13-2005, 09:32 PM
gay! i mean yay! how cruel of them to put the g and y so close together

firelizard
07-19-2005, 09:13 PM
whatever floats your boat :dunno:
I like japanese plates but if I saw a car around here with them I'd have to wonder why...(unless it was a JDM car)
Cool for car shows I guess but a bit on the poser side...it's like if I bought Arizona plates 'cuz I like how they look (I don't even know what they look like :sad2: )

FyreDaug
07-20-2005, 07:35 AM
yeah i have a hookup in japan, i might have him look for other stuff for me as well... but i doubt he will have the time. Hopefully he can get me somthing really nasty, like an R32-R34 skyline, NSX R, or some kind of heavily modded supra

You cant import r34's yet. My buddy bought an 89 GT-R awd TT, it was factory built in august, so the day its exactly 15yrs old its getting shipped to BC, where he's flying 1 way to pick it up and drive it back. Paid 14k for it CAN.

http://www.batfa.com/photo-usedcar-skylineGTR90silvergray-front.files/skylineGTR90gray-front.jpg looks kinda like that, but has different rims, a different gray and no dumass wing. I cant wait to drive that shit.

firelizard
07-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Daug's right, only cars 15 years or older can be imported from Japan (don't ask me why) so that rules out R33s and R34s. The only Skyline you can get atm is R32 (there are two that I know of in Winnipeg :D). Personally I think they're hawt compared to the R33 but it's hard to beat an R34 in my book. Same rule knocks out the NSX-R and the JDM Supras....besides if you've got enough cash to get a JDM NSX-R, you have enough cash to build your own here, same with the Supra.

bobafett
07-20-2005, 08:33 PM

sorry dude i expected a lot more from you. GAY!!!!

please dont, for the sake of turbo cars everywhere. UNLESS, ur planning to rice out your car and suprise people. but even then, the idea is marginal at best. :)

come on man, u know that money would be better spend on the wideband fund or something. :)

EDIT: whats even more appalling is that im only the 2nd person to say its a bad idea. and i cant tell if 2drse-i was joking lol.