PDA

View Full Version : Body Kit Question for 88 Accord (Suggestions Please)

Vanilla Alicia
07-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Suggestions Anyone???

I've got a 90 integra front bumper and a 90 accord rear bumper for my 88 accord. I have searched the threads and found nothing but BS surrounding, the seqarch thread does not work out for an advantage unless you have 3 hours to search through crap about nothing. Now in order to fit these do i need: 1. integra bumper skin, metal bumper welded in place of the 88 accord metal bumper and the inner foam, along with what else?

2. 90 accord rear bumper skin, 90 accord rear metal bumper welded in place of the 88 accord metal bumper and the inner foam?

If there is something that i don't need or anything else i do need please fill me in so i can prepare to fit this kit on my car. Thanks

w00tw00t111
07-14-2005, 05:08 PM
When I installed mine all that I had to do was take off the old bumper skin and put on the new bumper skin and drill new mounting holes. It doesn't look "clean" per say. But if you take it to a good body man he can smooth it out so that it fits and flows. Hope this helps. If not just say what more info you need. I did it all my self so I can tell you what problems I ran into and all that if you would like to know.

HostileJava
07-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Well for the front bumper mounting I didn't have to do any drilling or cutting to get the hardware to fit. I just pulled off the old bumper(not the absorbers that are bolted to the frame) and bolted on the teg hardware(minus the skin and styrofoam). From there you just need to hold the new skin up and make small cuts if yours does not fit quite right to mount it up.

Robs89LXi
07-15-2005, 05:40 PM
When you do this, please take a lot of pics, and post a "how to" when finished. Like you said, there are no good threads about this mod on here.

ADAN619
07-16-2005, 01:03 AM
hi i have a 89 accord an im looking for some body kits that will look cool in my car if any one knows some email me thanks

HostileJava
07-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Try doing a search, or heck, even look at the first sticky thread in this section:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27474

w00tw00t111
07-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Try doing a search, or heck, even look at the first sticky thread in this section:

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=27474
hahahahahahahaha
:Owned2: