PDA

View Full Version : Used Parts Provider For Accord Electrical Items ?

Lester Lugnut
07-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Need -> Frequency Solenoid Valve C part # 36220-PH4-661
for an '87 Accord LX - 1955cc - automatic.

Local dealers want $135.00

San Leandro Honda wants about $105.00 + shipping(who knows what that will be). Majestic Honda - same price as San Leandro.

The likelyhood that I'll buy a used electric part is slim to none, but I would like to scope it out before I call San Leandro.

Anyone know of a good used electrical parts provider for 3G cars?

Thanks.

shepherd79
07-15-2005, 04:48 AM
well, your best bet would be junk yard if you want cheap parts.
otherwise you are stock with dealer prices. no one caries parts like that for our cars.

mag_pbg
07-15-2005, 07:05 AM
I've got a parts car out back, a 87 accord 5 speed, but im not sure what that part looks like.

POS carb
07-15-2005, 11:18 AM
junk yard. you guys are going to go broke quick if you try to replace that emmissions control crap with new dealer parts, they are ALL special order

Lester Lugnut
07-15-2005, 01:50 PM
POS Carb:

Your point is well taken; however, the dealer part is new. The junkyard part is used and in my case, coming from another 18 year old car.

The real pisser about junk yards is their price. They'll want 60%-80% of what a new part costs and I'm going to pay that for an 18 year old electrical part?

Junk yards are OK for brackets, bumpers, body parts, but rarely electrical parts.

If there was a decent warranty, I'd try it, but there's no warranty for even new parts.

If I could get one for $10-$15 from a reputable bone yard, I might try it, but like I said, they want a ton of $$$ for something that's now a relic.

POS carb
07-15-2005, 02:36 PM
you need to find a u-pull yard, way cheaper :deal:
you're right, I wouldn't buy it from a recycler, they're a ripoff
If you want I'm headed over to one this weekend if my plan to go Sunday (or tomorrow if weather sux at the Keys)
I'll sell you 2 tested solenoids, PM me

Lester Lugnut
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Eric:

I'll find a pick-n-pull when I get a chance - cheaper than the recyclers for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Frequency Solenoid Valve C - part number at the top of this post, is heavily involved in the idle circuit as outlined on page 11-82 of the 1987 Accord Shop manual. This device supplies vacuum to the throttle controller.

Further up in that chapter, you're told that after the coolant reaches 140F and ilde is above 730rpms(something like that), this valve should work. In the idle adj. section, it says to simply put your hand on it and you should feel it clicking on and off. Back on page 11-82, the first test has you pull the lower # 20 hose from the manifoild rail and apply vacuum with a vacuum pump. If it doesn't hold, replace the valve.

In my case there's no clicking and it holds no vacuum.

Once the fans have kicked on for the first time, the idle starts jumping up and down. You can see the linkage that the throttle cable connects to opening and closing on it's own. If I pull the hose off the throlle controller and apply 20 hg. in as per spec. in the book, the idle runs much steadier. Since valve C is out of commision, the throttle is working with a mind of it's own.

Maybe this will help someone else.

If your idle is jumping around, check out Freguency Solenoid Valve C. Beware this valve is only on automatics and maybe just carbed cars. It may not be on FI cars.

By the way. The manuals that the fellow from Russia posted may not reflect your American Honda.

I've gone thru his stuff that's online here and while very useful, it may not reflect what you have.

There are 3 "frequency" solenoid valves on my '87 carbed automatic.

There are no "frequency" valves mentioned in his documentation and the idle adj. procedure in his doc. is different than my U. S. '87 Accord manual.

I'm not knocking what this guy did for the site - don't get me wrong. Just want to point out there "may" be a difference between what's in his doc. and what's under the hood of your car.

conozo
07-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Need -> Frequency Solenoid Valve C part # 36220-PH4-661
for an '87 Accord LX - 1955cc - automatic.
Local dealers want $135.00
San Leandro Honda wants about $105.00 + shipping(who knows what that will be). Majestic Honda - same price as San Leandro.
The likelyhood that I'll buy a used electric part is slim to none, but I would like to scope it out before I call San Leandro.
Anyone know of a good used electrical parts provider for 3G cars?

I am reusing this thread because i need the same part that is listed above. I cannot just go to the junkyard and get the part. We have a couple junk yards within a good radius of where i live and none of them have hondas in them. This part is only on carbed autos and i need the valve and the vacume lines leading up to the air cleaner box.

reply or pm me if you have this and want to sell to me.

Cant Stop
07-19-2006, 02:48 PM
solenoid c in the black box?
i have all the black box and the white valves from my 89 it all worked till i stripped it out so should be good still was working fine when i did the mod give me a pm if you need them