PDA

View Full Version : tranny problem can anyone help?

spanky
07-16-2005, 09:21 PM
hi, i recently bought my accord and my tranny seems to be slipping/over reving/ not going into gear. when i go into reverse sometimes it makes a loud noise but it goes away after the car starts moving. then when i go into drive it will drive and when it trys to go into second gear (it's an auto) it will hesitate and sometime it wont go into gear. and some times it will over rev, or come close to.
yesterday i changed the tranny fluid and added Lucas trans treatment and duramatic III tranny fluid. it still does the same thing but it usualy shifts around 3-4.5k rpm.i was checkin on the forum and i came across the tv cable. i dont think it's the problem but it could be. if anyone has any input on it or know whats wrong or what to do to fix it it would be greatly appreciated. also i was wondering how hard it would be to remove and put in an auto tranny. my neighbor said i would have to remove the engine to take the tranny out .

here's some info on my car.
1987 honda accord lx.
4door.
2.0l carb.
auto tranny.

ps. i have no clue about honda's this is my first i had many domestics and a euro import(1988 bmw 325e)

Strugglebucket
07-17-2005, 05:18 AM
try adjusting the tv cable and see if that helps.

if you need to replace the transmission you don't have to remove the engine. you can just drop it from underneath the car. you will need a jack though, the auto tranny is very heavy.