PDA

View Full Version : Whats the biggest engine , we can put in the accord

acessence
07-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Whats the biggest engine we can stick in the 87 honda accord, no stock engines, completly aftermarket engine, im looking for , a price tag between 3-5 gs , what is there we can get for this, im looking for a few hundred horsepower, can yah point me to a website

halxi
07-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Your best bet would be to have your motor completely rebuilt (bored out, larger pistons, new camshaft, balanced and blueprinted, and new internals such as rods, bearings, etc.) and then rebuild your tranny if you go over 225 hp (i think thats what ours is rated at, not POSITIVE though)

SteveDX89
07-18-2005, 03:08 AM
H22's will fit. Seems that C25's and C27's fit also. All 3 with custom mounts of course.

FyreDaug
07-18-2005, 12:22 PM
And you will need the wiring/ecu for any motor that isnt stock. (sorry if its redundant information if you already know)

AccordEpicenter
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
if you go really custom, the skys the limit. Call up pat musi and have him build you a 565ci big block chevy v8 and hook that up. Might cost you alot more than you had planned though

lostforawhile
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
i crammed a legend v6 in an 81 civic once, one time and never again. couldn't get traction had to use a throttle stop. i had to extend the car in actual length. was fun to light up the tires and just sit there. i wonder if the legend v6 could fit in one of these cars? there are stand alone engine managment systems available that will plug into the stock engine harness. i'll have to measure one. hmmm?

ICEMAN707
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
a cadillac northstar v8 will fit too. it's also FWD so you dont have to worry about RWD conversions. i say go for it! you see these kinda swaps in pontiac fieros all the time!! :rockon:

lostforawhile
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
i'm not sure if i'll ever try a major swap again. that civic project cost me my first wife and about 15 grand. at least my wife now supports my accord habit

lostforawhile
07-18-2005, 04:21 PM
the front wheel drive honda v6 swap might not really be that bad of an idea, i wonder if anyone has tried it yet. if you can weld you can make the motor mounts. there are companies that will make the driveshafts. all you need are the inner cv joints that attach to the v6 transmission and the outer ones that attach to the accord spindles. the drive shaft in between can be made. they do it all the time for racers.as far as the civic went it was a krueger nightmare, but this is a bigger car. :idea: