PDA

View Full Version : Spring Tech Coilovers

88LXi68
08-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Well I was searching on EBAY for some stuff for the car and came across these Spring Tech Coilovers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849720565). They look like my Ground Controls but they have a different top hat. Anyone know anything about them? Also, notice they offer Spring XS Struts for our car.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Hmmm can't say that I have heard of them, they look pretty respectable tho. Maybe I will try them out, I don't particularly feel like paying an arm and a leg for GC's. They definetly look like em', might be worth a try.

88LXi68
08-11-2002, 01:08 PM
To tell you the truth their top hat looks better and more durable than my Ground Control one. The Ground Control top hat is just a rubber peice, this one actually has metal to it plus the rubber.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-11-2002, 02:06 PM
Yeah they look well made

Jims 86LXI HB
08-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
Well I was searching on EBAY for some stuff for the car and came across these Spring Tech Coilovers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849720565). They look like my Ground Controls but they have a different top hat. Anyone know anything about them? Also, notice they offer Spring XS Struts for our car.

I couldn't find anything on struts. Where did you see that?
Can you post a link to strut info?

TeKKnoTeKK
08-11-2002, 03:25 PM
well according to that auction to find out about the Sprint XS struts you have to email them at [email protected]

88LXi68
08-11-2002, 03:40 PM
the email from them about the struts:

Pacer,

I have sprint struts for your 88 accord lxi . I can have them delivered to your door in the

Lower 48 states, for $235.00 . 2 fronts and 2 rears.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Niiice....I had no idea Sprint made struts, thats crazy. Seems kind of suspicious tho, I have never heard of them lol, and why the hell would Sprint start making struts for our cars out of the blue anyway. Guess someone could call Sprint to verify it?

Jims 86LXI HB
08-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
Niiice....I had no idea Sprint made struts, thats crazy. Seems kind of suspicious tho, I have never heard of them lol, and why the hell would Sprint start making struts for our cars out of the blue anyway. Guess someone could call Sprint to verify it?

At that price their is no way they make them themselves. They are most likely rebadged gaberials. The Doestech's I tried running in the rear were like that, they said they made them. When they blew on my in less than 3000 miles I found out then that they sure didn't make them, someone else did. And when someone else makes them, they usually can't tell you how they are valved, and even then, do you trust them?

TeKKnoTeKK
08-11-2002, 07:04 PM
I am gonna stay away from those struts regardless, I don't trust them a bit lol.