PDA

View Full Version : b16 manifold with egr

modu03
07-17-2005, 07:56 PM
hey guys, i want to swap in a b16 manifold, but i live in cali. does anyone know what b16 manifold has an egr system, i have to have it to make my car smoggable.

car model and years would be helpfull

thanx

shepherd79
07-18-2005, 05:58 AM
i don't think you will find B16 manifold with EGR valve on it.
90-91 teg had EGR valve on their manifolds but those were the last B series engines with EGR on them.

ACE_14
07-18-2005, 11:27 AM
i've got a 90 teg IM and its got an EGR valve. the only thing is that our EGR tube enters the side of the IM, but the teg one enters through the head right next to the coolent line. i'll get pics later. but i'm gonna pick up a spare head from the junk yard to see if the hole clears the head, if not then i'm gonna try to plug that one, drill and tap anther hole on the side to see if i can get it to work. i live in cali too, and smogging is a b*tch.

carotman
07-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I wonder if we could tap a hole in the CAI and plug the EGR tube there. Would it be legal?

modu03
07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I wonder if we could tap a hole in the CAI and plug the EGR tube there. Would it be legal?

well... no... putting any manifold other than stock on the car is not smog legal, but if it has the egr and looks similar to the stock manifold, the smog techs will never know. if you run a pipe to your intake, it will not look stock and they won't smog it.

well... i'm gonna check the junk yard and see if i can find a b16 to look at and decide if it will work.

what other intake manifolds fit our car without any major modification??

modu03
07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
i've got a 90 teg IM and its got an EGR valve. the only thing is that our EGR tube enters the side of the IM, but the teg one enters through the head right next to the coolent line. i'll get pics later. but i'm gonna pick up a spare head from the junk yard to see if the hole clears the head, if not then i'm gonna try to plug that one, drill and tap anther hole on the side to see if i can get it to work. i live in cali too, and smogging is a b*tch.

hey, let me know how that turns out.